Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
:D This does seem like a pretty good deal... Don't think I can justify swapping out the Dana 44's under Rubi yet though... Maybe after I break them a few times the wife will see the light...

·
Administrator
12,636 Posts
Great price for a 60, LP might be an issue for some, but looks nice, wonder where they are comming from...

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4Jeepn said:
Great price for a 60, LP might be an issue for some, but looks nice, wonder where they are comming from...
Yeah, LP would be more of an issue if it was a 9" or something. I just got a couple of messages from the guy saying that they are 61" WMS to WMS to they are real close to what our TJ axles are. I also have him getting me a quote on a front 60 as well.

Jeeperman, I bet you could get a real good deal selling either one of those rubicon 44's.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
1BLKJP said:
Yeah, LP would be more of an issue if it was a 9" or something. I just got a couple of messages from the guy saying that they are 61" WMS to WMS to they are real close to what our TJ axles are. I also have him getting me a quote on a front 60 as well.

Jeeperman, I bet you could get a real good deal selling either one of those rubicon 44's.
I am going to be doing a LOT of work on the Rubi in the next 12 months... She can't drive a stick, so I have an excuse to put an auto in it, so when SHE starts breaking stuff on the rocks, THEN I get to upgrade to 60's <insert Dr. Evil laugh here> :D Until then, I can't justify the cost...

·
Administrator
12,636 Posts
jeeperman said:
I am going to be doing a LOT of work on the Rubi in the next 12 months... She can't drive a stick, so I have an excuse to put an auto in it, so when SHE starts breaking stuff on the rocks, THEN I get to upgrade to 60's <insert Dr. Evil laugh here> :D Until then, I can't justify the cost...
Hog wash, come on over to the dark side.. What are you going to spend the money on a dinning room set? How about a new sofa.. wait, how about finishing that basement project you never finished..... oh wait a 2nd that's what I heard from my wife after I got mine. Oh well...

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
4Jeepn said:
Hog wash, come on over to the dark side.. What are you going to spend the money on a dinning room set? How about a new sofa.. wait, how about finishing that basement project you never finished..... oh wait a 2nd that's what I heard from my wife after I got mine. Oh well...
That is exactly how I got my Long-Arm kit...
Me: I need to buy new tires this winter because mine are too bald to drive around in the snow/ice.
Her: Okay, how much are those going to be?
Me: Well, I can replace the ones that I have for about $175, or I can buy 35's that I was going to buy next summer for about the same price.
Her: Well, then you should buy those now, right?
Me: Okay, but I need to buy a lift now then too. And if I am going to do a lift, I only want to do it once, so I am going to buy a long-arm kit, so I need a new driveshaft and exhaust too...

And THAT my friend is the story of the $4000 set of tires! <laughing> :D ;)

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Thank you, thank you very much! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts