Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

TJ/YJ Dana 60's

1939 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  jeeperman
You all might want to give this Pirate Thread some thought if you are wanting to build up your drivetrain. This seems like an excellent deal for some TJ ready 35 spline Dana 60 axles.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417573
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Retired Moderator
2,112 Posts
:D This does seem like a pretty good deal... Don't think I can justify swapping out the Dana 44's under Rubi yet though... Maybe after I break them a few times the wife will see the light...

· Retired Admin/Mod
16,513 Posts
Great price for a 60, LP might be an issue for some, but looks nice, wonder where they are comming from...

· Retired Moderator
6,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4Jeepn said:
Great price for a 60, LP might be an issue for some, but looks nice, wonder where they are comming from...
Yeah, LP would be more of an issue if it was a 9" or something. I just got a couple of messages from the guy saying that they are 61" WMS to WMS to they are real close to what our TJ axles are. I also have him getting me a quote on a front 60 as well.

Jeeperman, I bet you could get a real good deal selling either one of those rubicon 44's.

· Retired Moderator
2,112 Posts
1BLKJP said:
Yeah, LP would be more of an issue if it was a 9" or something. I just got a couple of messages from the guy saying that they are 61" WMS to WMS to they are real close to what our TJ axles are. I also have him getting me a quote on a front 60 as well.

Jeeperman, I bet you could get a real good deal selling either one of those rubicon 44's.
I am going to be doing a LOT of work on the Rubi in the next 12 months... She can't drive a stick, so I have an excuse to put an auto in it, so when SHE starts breaking stuff on the rocks, THEN I get to upgrade to 60's <insert Dr. Evil laugh here> :D Until then, I can't justify the cost...

· Retired Admin/Mod
16,513 Posts
jeeperman said:
I am going to be doing a LOT of work on the Rubi in the next 12 months... She can't drive a stick, so I have an excuse to put an auto in it, so when SHE starts breaking stuff on the rocks, THEN I get to upgrade to 60's <insert Dr. Evil laugh here> :D Until then, I can't justify the cost...
Hog wash, come on over to the dark side.. What are you going to spend the money on a dinning room set? How about a new sofa.. wait, how about finishing that basement project you never finished..... oh wait a 2nd that's what I heard from my wife after I got mine. Oh well...

· Retired Moderator
2,112 Posts
4Jeepn said:
Hog wash, come on over to the dark side.. What are you going to spend the money on a dinning room set? How about a new sofa.. wait, how about finishing that basement project you never finished..... oh wait a 2nd that's what I heard from my wife after I got mine. Oh well...
That is exactly how I got my Long-Arm kit...
Me: I need to buy new tires this winter because mine are too bald to drive around in the snow/ice.
Her: Okay, how much are those going to be?
Me: Well, I can replace the ones that I have for about $175, or I can buy 35's that I was going to buy next summer for about the same price.
Her: Well, then you should buy those now, right?
Me: Okay, but I need to buy a lift now then too. And if I am going to do a lift, I only want to do it once, so I am going to buy a long-arm kit, so I need a new driveshaft and exhaust too...

And THAT my friend is the story of the $4000 set of tires! <laughing> :D ;)

· Retired Moderator
2,112 Posts
Thank you, thank you very much! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.