Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn on whether or not to buy a full size spare tire. I run 33's and currently have a stock tire that does me no good. Having a good carrier is very expensive but I like the look. I was curious if you guys could show me some with no spare and maybe help me decide. Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tried to help with a pic of mine but it keeps crashing. I used to like the look of no spare but after a month or so i have come to like the spare tire look more. As long as it is a full size. The stock tire looks strange when you are running 33"+

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally, I love the look. But I know I need to get a carrier soon. I'm always a little nervous running trails without my spare with me. My options right now are bring a spare, or bring more than 1 passenger lol

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you run a locker (automatic type) you will need to run the same size as it's other side otherwise you could ruin the locker. If not, does not matter. Mine stays on the trailer.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I like the look, but what I like even more is with a old cj flip down tailgate. I prefer the weight on the back though from the tire and having a spare for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed the rear seat and put the spare in its place. Actually makes a great storage bin for some of my recovery gear.
If I didn't carry people around with me I would do the same. I constantly have people in the bath though

·
Registered
142 Posts
Best bet, IMO, is full size. Can you stand it up behind the rear seat? I never checked. I keep mine strapped to my tonneau, but I also don't/can't run a back seat.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best bet, IMO, is full size. Can you stand it up behind the rear seat? I never checked. I keep mine strapped to my tonneau, but I also don't/can't run a back seat.
Probably not. Definitely not with a sub and an amp in the back lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
If I didn't carry people around with me I would do the same. I constantly have people in the bath though
I used to carry people all of the time in my back seat. Well. Not anymore. Now it's just my gf and I when I hit the trails. Not my daily driver though

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used to carry people all of the time in my back seat. Well. Not anymore. Now it's just my gf and I when I hit the trails. Not my daily driver though
I drive mine every day. And being in high school all my friends want to ride in it! It really is a great vehicle

·
Registered
119 Posts
Only thing I have done here is remove the spare and bracket and put the bolts back in the holes with some nylon washer.. I plan to mount the license plate in the center to cover up the vent in the gate..
is the vent what you were asking about?
It's there on mine yours my not have one depends on the year..
wish mine didn't have it

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Only thing I have done here is remove the spare and bracket and put the bolts back in the holes with some nylon washer.. I plan to mount the license plate in the center to cover up the vent in the gate.. is the vent what you were asking about? It's there on mine yours my not have one depends on the year.. wish mine didn't have it
Yes the vent is what I was talking about. I have also seen a piece that covers that area completely. Maybe it's a jk thing

1 - 20 of 32 Posts