Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Tj's with no spare tire

10K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  DIABL0 
#1 ·
I'm torn on whether or not to buy a full size spare tire. I run 33's and currently have a stock tire that does me no good. Having a good carrier is very expensive but I like the look. I was curious if you guys could show me some with no spare and maybe help me decide. Thanks!

#2 ·
Tried to help with a pic of mine but it keeps crashing. I used to like the look of no spare but after a month or so i have come to like the spare tire look more. As long as it is a full size. The stock tire looks strange when you are running 33"+

#19 ·
Only thing I have done here is remove the spare and bracket and put the bolts back in the holes with some nylon washer.. I plan to mount the license plate in the center to cover up the vent in the gate..
is the vent what you were asking about?
It's there on mine yours my not have one depends on the year..
wish mine didn't have it

Attachments

#20 ·
Only thing I have done here is remove the spare and bracket and put the bolts back in the holes with some nylon washer.. I plan to mount the license plate in the center to cover up the vent in the gate.. is the vent what you were asking about? It's there on mine yours my not have one depends on the year.. wish mine didn't have it
Yes the vent is what I was talking about. I have also seen a piece that covers that area completely. Maybe it's a jk thing

#28 ·
Mine is a little bashed in from sliding down an icy hill and tapping a tree. Son I just took the tire carrier off so I could shut the door. I kinda like the way it looks. Tire is in back with the rear seat folded down.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.