Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,901 Posts
I'm going this year! Can't wait!

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice. Former East Tennessee guy here. Used to have a lot of friends that would take their Suzuki 's and Jeeps there but never got there myself. I always just ran through the mountains. Max Patch, Harmon' s Den, Del Rio, etc. Lived in Newport. Being in southeast Texas niw, I miss the mountains and having readily reachable public land to wheel on

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, already sold out.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Sold out in about 25 mins..

Nice. Former East Tennessee guy here. Used to have a lot of friends that would take their Suzuki 's and Jeeps there but never got there myself. I always just ran through the mountains. Max Patch, Harmon' s Den, Del Rio, etc. Lived in Newport. Being in southeast Texas niw, I miss the mountains and having readily reachable public land to wheel on
It has good mix of trails, something for every skill level.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First timer but I got in !!
gonna take Rubihara #304 to the jamboree
Outstanding.. be sure to say hi. At registration I usually float around helping different folks out.. but will be with the blue group trail ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This will be my first Tenn Mountains Jam (I've done Gateway to the Cumberlands the last 3 years) - I'm looking forward to it!

Any insight into how run groups work? I don't have anything fancy so I won't be in the hard group (1998 TJ / 35" tires, upgraded axles, OX air lockers front and back).

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This will be my first Tenn Mountains Jam (I've done Gateway to the Cumberlands the last 3 years) - I'm looking forward to it!

Any insight into how run groups work? I don't have anything fancy so I won't be in the hard group (1998 TJ / 35" tires, upgraded axles, OX air lockers front and back).
Well the jeep sounds well built and should do fine. As for the trail groups, you will run with the same group all 3 days. The groups are broken into difficulty levels, so depending on the group you are in, the core trails will fall into the group rating. At trail sign up 1st table should be least difficult then next 3 mid level rides then last 3 harder. There are a handful of the same trails we try to get most groups to as they are either part of the Jeep Badge of honor program or are just really neat to run.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well the jeep sounds well built and should do fine. As for the trail groups, you will run with the same group all 3 days. The groups are broken into difficulty levels, so depending on the group you are in, the core trails will fall into the group rating. At trail sign up 1st table should be least difficult then next 3 mid level rides then last 3 harder. There are a handful of the same trails we try to get most groups to as they are either part of the Jeep Badge of honor program or are just really neat to run.
Sounds like fun, thanks for the insight! My old college buddy that is coming down with me lives up in your area, he is a periodontist in Florence.

·
Registered
467 Posts

is there a website to register?

·
Registered
19 Posts

is there a website to register?
Unfortunately this ride completely sold out in something like 23min. It was crazy!

There are some other great Jeep Jamborees thought. This is the 25th year of Gateway to the Cumberlands so that would be a great one.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts