Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are the add a leaf lifts even worth bothering with?.. I will be putting it on my daily driver that i have had for a couple of months. I want to be able to put 30's or 31's with some lift on my YJ for now and later when i get another daily driver do a real suspension lift. This is my first YJ but not first jeep (had a commanche and still kick myself in the ass for selling it) but I am new to lifts and other such jaz.
This is what I was looking at doing.. a rough country add a leaf with shocks for $290
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...005833/N-111+1995+200728827+600003436/c-10101
Thanks guys

·
Registered
592 Posts
As long as you understand you are basicly throwing the money down the toilet for a short term gain (which will ride rough) if that is what you want to do do it!
I would suggest living with what you have until you can afford a good lift and then put on the larger tires.
Bottom line it is your rig to build. Build it:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Add a leafs are a krappy way to go.. sure they are cheap but you get a rough ride and no flex in your springs.. if its bujet you got on your mind go with a 2in BL and you can fit 32's ebay is your friend

·
Registered
57 Posts
save for a suspension lift

rough country 4inch suspension lift is like $450

i got nearly new 31x10.5 mtr's if you want em

but yeah dude, do the right thing

add-a-leaf= lame

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have to disagree. I am running a very mixed lift that includes an AAL and 1 inch shackles (for a variety of reasons). Using the shorter leaf will result in a much rougher ride, yes. The longer leaf I used doesn't appear to have roughened the ride all that much... and my springs flex just fine.

I'd be more inclined to say you should look very carefully at any lift method or kit in the light of precisely what you want it to do before deciding.

2 cents and likely worth it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zakkbowman said:
save for a suspension lift

rough country 4inch suspension lift is like $450

i got nearly new 31x10.5 mtr's if you want em

but yeah dude, do the right thing

add-a-leaf= lame
What would you want for em?