Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
I push the swaybar up & tie the disconnects to the bar with a couple zip ties. The friction in the bushings will hold the bar up

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I push the swaybar up & tie the disconnects to the bar with a couple zip ties. The friction in the bushings will hold the bar up
So you ziptie and cut them off when finished? Would be awesome if someone made bolt on clips that would hold it out of the way, but I guess that solution works as well.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm sure you could fab something up but the small ties can easily pop off with a key or screwdriver & are cheap. I keep a handful in the rear tub.

Some discos can be removed at both top & bottom - mine can but I just leave the top connected

·
Registered
10,355 Posts
I've seen a guy that mounted a second pair of teraflex discos up on his frame. He just puts them on there and slides the cotter in.

I just use zipties and cut them when back off the trail.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just want to make sure they are a quality item and not just a convenient item. Would anyone recommend the JKS over these from a quality standpoint?

·
Registered
995 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
the teraflex quick disco's come with the extra pins to connect the discos when the swaybar is disconnected. however on mine (35" tires, 2" lift, 4.5 bs wheels) they rub on the disco when it's stored so i end using the zip ties anyway.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Let us know how the work out for you! Looks like those are way more convenient and easier to store. Not to mention cheaper :-(

·
Registered
995 Posts
^^ Cheaticon :whistling:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Dave, you have to be careful with those relocation brackets. Some wider tires will rub. The best, easiest and cheapest solution is to just use a bungee cord on one side to hold the link and entire bar and then zip tie the link to the bar on the other side.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the tip Lou. My wheels have 3.35 backspacing, is that still not enough to clear? This is a legit concern though so thanks for bringing it to my attention!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts