Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently tinted my driver's and passenger's side windows along with 4" of the windshield 20% Black non reflective tint, I have a softtop that isn't tinted and this is how it turned out. I wanted it to stop the sun from heating up my Jeep quickly, I like the look and since 20% is illegal here the back windows make it look slightly lighter than it actually is, but stops people from seeing who is in my car. I have searched for hours looking for pics on Jeeps with the soft top non tinted but the front hard door windows tinted. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looks good but would look even better with tinted soft top windows :). Since they're plastic I wonder if you can tint them with VHT's nightshade?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Looks good!!

How much did that cost you?

Only reason I haven't done it yet is I want my alarm light flash to be seen farther to deter loser criminals lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
Looks good man, how does it effect the heat? On a side note does anyone know the tint on an 05 Rubicon hardtop? They seem to be pretty dark and I would like to come close to matching it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I really like it to be honest with you.. You tinted the windows yourself? Was it a PITA? I'm considering taking my jeep to a tint shop but I can't find a reputable tint installer in my area. I want to get 5% on all windows of my hard top and 25% on the driver and passenger side windows.

·
Registered
941 Posts
That looks great, especially on your colour.

My TJ is black and all my windows including softtop and hardtop are tinted very dark non reflective black. Works great to keep heat out. The black body colour works less great for this purpose.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think it looks great but I love having my tinted softtop windows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts