Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah just did the BB and I guess things on a jeep are like tats... you cant just get one. My Brother replaced his and said it was a breeze. Hmm maybe a birthday present in May.

·
Registered
155 Posts
To BL or not to BL

Sean[/QUOTE]

That is the question. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Its good if you have a 2-5 inch and want just that little extra clearance for your 33's or 35+'s

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I vote for it as well...

i just installed my 1.25" body lift on Saturday paired with my 3" suspension lift. All in all i gained 5 inches of lift and another 3 with tires.

Putting the lift on is cake...just go slow, use a breaker bar, and torque stuff to spec.

heres a pic of how mine looks...like i said, currently sitting on 3" suspension lift, 1.25" body lift, and 32x11.5's.

eventually i'll be tummy tucking (as well as running 33's) but no cash for that at the moment...plus my 32's only have like 8k on them

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Loaded question lol...

Did i "have to"...no...
but
"should i"...yes...

I was running a 3/4 tcase drop for a while and had ZERO vibes but after doing the body lift, my shifter was hitting on the body and popping out of 2nd, 4th, and Rev so i removed the tcase drop and bolted the skid back up to move the shifter away from the body (instead of grinding the body)

Another thing i could have done besides grind the body for the shifter, would be to install the 1" motor mount lift i have sitting at home but i've decided to run a SYE and driveshaft with adjustable control arms so i can do a tummy tuck. Just dont have the money for it at the moment.

Currently i have a little vibration (nothing bad) in 1st and 2nd gear from 1,500-2,250 RPM...zero vibes on the highway or anything like that but just in those two gears in low rpm which doesnt concern me at the moment so i'm going to run as is until i get the SYE and shaft...just gotta do one thing at a time lol

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Sblanck said:
Yeah just did the BB and I guess things on a jeep are like tats... you cant just get one. My Brother replaced his and said it was a breeze. Hmm maybe a birthday present in May.
Top reasons
1. With the bb you can run 33's
2. You can tuck gas tank, trans skid etc...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 4" suspension lift with what looks like to be a 1" Transfer case drop on 33"s... I was considering getting a 1" Body Lift as well for a total of 5" lift... Do you think I could get by with just adding the 1" body lift or do you guys think it will cause anything else requiring a fix?

I know I should get a SYE and put the Tcase back to normal or even try to tuck it, but for now I get no vibe's at all so I am saving up for SYE+regear.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
twistid said:
I have a 4" suspension lift with what looks like to be a 1" Transfer case drop on 33"s... I was considering getting a 1" Body Lift as well for a total of 5" lift... Do you think I could get by with just adding the 1" body lift or do you guys think it will cause anything else requiring a fix?

I know I should get a SYE and put the Tcase back to normal or even try to tuck it, but for now I get no vibe's at all so I am saving up for SYE+regear.
A 1" bl won't require adjusting much, maybe the transfer case linkage.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just did a 1.25" body lift and motor mount lift this past weekend. Didn't have to adjust anything but now I can get rid of my t case drop I hope and if not I'll have to move the sye/CV from the bedroom floor to the Jeep.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
so 1 inch shouldnt need much adjusting. how do you adjust the tcase linkage if thats what needs to be adjusted.
im running a 2 inch bb lift no vibes and i dont want to screw anything up lol

·
Registered
445 Posts
jebby said:
so 1 inch shouldnt need much adjusting. how do you adjust the tcase linkage if thats what needs to be adjusted.
im running a 2 inch bb lift no vibes and i dont want to screw anything up lol
Most kits will supply a bracket. I know jks does but also most of the time it's not needed if you also do a motor mount lift. I would suggest doing the mml to avoid having to modify your fan shroud and linkage.

·
"Seamed Like a Good Idea
1,200 Posts
Most kits will supply a bracket. I know jks does but also most of the time it's not needed if you also do a motor mount lift. I would suggest doing the mml to avoid having to modify your fan shroud and linkage.
Did this to mine. No vibes and no TC drop.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
You don't need a bracket for just a 1" body lift. If you have shifting issues, adjust the linkage to compensate for the change in orientation. The ideal solution is the Novak cable shifter. No more worries with the crappy, overly complex stock linkage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts