Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
You'd have to get them to bring the price down for it to be worth it for me. In most cases you're better off just getting a new jeep. My best advice is to find out what the trade in value is and then start there. You know full well they didn't pay full trade in value for it and if they did that's not your problem. Be willing to walk.

I did this when I bought my 2 door hard top. It had 50,000 miles. Factory tow package which in those days included better springs, wired hitch, and factory 4:10 gears and LSD. It had all of the power package, skids, upgraded sound, heated seats and any other goodies that could have been added.

I started at trade in value for my first offer. He did the let me talk to my manager mumbo jumbo and came back at the original asking price. I came up a little and sent him back. Repeat of previous happened again. I quickly hit my max point for out the door all included what I wanted to pay at $16,000. I sent him back to his manager with that same offer 4 times. He asked if we were going to do this all day. I returned the question to him and asked I don't know are we?? He got the point went back to his manager and magically when he came out he said the deal could be made.

·
Super Moderator
9,115 Posts
Can't beat such low miles on a 2008.

My very first Wrangler was a 2008 Sahara 2-door soft top with manual transmission and 3.21 gears.

Obviously I loved it since I bought five other ones since. But there were a number of things to point out:

1. That vinyl top makes it hard to hold a conversation past 70 MPH
2. The 6-speed with 3.21 yielded 21 MPG on freeway driving, but required constant shifting with smallest change in grade
3. Pre-2013 seats are flat and can get uncomfortable after a couple hours driving

I actually like those wheels.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
No way I'm paying $19,000 for a 2008 with zero upgrades. I spent $26,000 on my 2015 base sport, and have over time built it up. I had a 2010 before and hated the 3.8 engine.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
It's pretty much at trade in value now
You are right, but do you want an eight year old vehicle vs a new one for a few thousand more?

Low miles are usually great, but that wrangler has been driven very little. It started its life in FL and now is in NM. Could have been sitting for long periods of time.

If you decide go with the 08, its a nice looking Jeep

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would offer about $2k less. I bought a 2008 two door Rubicon with brand new 35s and aftermarket wheels three years ago for $18,500. It had 57k miles.

Of course, I made an offer, they laughed, then called me a month later to come get it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would say compared to market price it's a fair to good deal. The buy new vs. used is way too person specific for a one size fits all recommendation. It looks like they've lowered the price already, so they may want to dump it soon. I'd offer them a bit lower OTD price - careful on their fees - and see if they bite if you want to buy it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I paid 22K for my new 2013 bare bones sport (6 speed, steelies, 3.73, no power nothing). Keep looking, there are better deals out there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts