Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have been looking to buy a new JK MY 2012, but I've come across what I think would be a great deal from a friend's dad. The Jeep is a 2004 Rubicon with 46k miles, dual tops, 2" lift, manual trans, white color, immaculate condition. All this for $13,800. Now I'm confused at what I should do. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
TroutBumJK said:
Hey everyone, I have been looking to buy a new JK MY 2012, but I've come across what I think would be a great deal from a friend's dad. The Jeep is a 2004 Rubicon with 46k miles, dual tops, 2" lift, manual trans, white color, immaculate condition. All this for $13,800. Now I'm confused at what I should do. Your thoughts?
Go with the rubicon. I had a JK and went back to a TJ. The JK was great but too much like a car for me. I like the smaller size of the TJ also. That's my opinion

·
Registered
188 Posts
RUBI!! I agree the jk is too much like a car. Plus, you save $$ to buy upgrades.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
tj > jk nuff said

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would go for the 04 Rubicon. With the low mileage, the price seems okay. I just like the 4.0 inline engine. The Rubicon comes set up (Dana 44's, lockers, etc) so shouldn't have to put a lot more money into it right away. Plus your friend's dad owns it so you should have a reliable service history.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
If you don't buy the rubi, tell us where it is, cause I guarantee you someone here will buy it.... :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
doclouie said:
Check your local listings. That would be a steal where I live, but may be poor where you live. Check out KBB.com.
I have done a little research locally. According to my KBB iphone app, the private party value for this Jeep would be $16,900 and retail would be $18,900 before considering the lift and the dual tops. Doesn't seem bad to me. My thoughts were to get this one, and designate it as a trail ride when I buy another "insert current model abbreviation here" in 2013 or 2014

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can't go wrong that is a great deal for a Rubi. Plus the dual tops and the mods that have already been done. To me not a hard decision.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Buy the rubicon, no brainer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have an 04 rubicon and its awesome. My dad also has an 09 rubicon and he enjoys mine alot more. his has alot less power and mine even rides a little smoother and is by far alot better offroad. we both have a 2 inch spacer lift in the front to. And that rubicon from your friends dad is an amazing deal.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Get the Rubicon. I have an 06 Rubicon unlimited, 4'' lift & 33'' love it.
One thing though. Do a 1'' BL, then get a after market skid to get rid of the shovel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'm going to buy it. Going early next week to see it. Will let u guys if/when I get this one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
used Jeeps go for full retail where i am at and are frequently sold above blue book (not new ones necessarilly though)

That Rubicon sounds like a good deal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts