Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting some lift on my 2012 JKUR. Specifically on the front, I am going with OME 2616 springs and their trim spacers. No heavy bumper. Expecting between 2.36" (2" spring plus 10mm spacer) and 3" of lift up front. I'm worried about caster. I am paying for the install and alignment (I know, I know, but its a time, tools, etc thing). I don't think they will charge me anything extra to install a set of arms up front during the install, but I'd guess if I decided to bring it back later to address flighty steering thre will be extra labor charged then. So I am thinking I should just get some arms up front during the main installation, have them set the caster accordingly and be done with it.

So get the arms now or wait and see?
Get uppers or lowers?
Teraflex or Rock Krawler?

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
Get front lower control arms for adjusting caster... RK or TF doesn't matter, you can't go wrong with either one... I got Teraflex arms and I'm happy with them.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
I know several people with a 2.5" lift and no aftermarket control arms, and they say it's fine. I have the TF 3" lift and after putting it on I immediately noticed the front being a bit jumpy on bumpy pavement and when braking hard. After adding TF front lower control arms and adjusting my caster to about +5.5°, it was all good again.

You might be okay without aftermarket control arms, but if you don't want to take the chance of having to pay an additional installation charge later if you find you need them, you should just get adjustable front lower control arms now and do it right.

And speaking of doing it right, I know you didn't ask about trackbars, but I thought I'd throw it in the discussion since it's part of getting proper alignment. You won't notice any difference in handling with the adjustable front trackbar and that amount of lift, but if you want to do it right you'll need the trackbar too.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
and speaking of doing it right, i know you didn't ask about trackbars, but i thought i'd throw it in the discussion since it's part of getting proper alignment. You won't notice any difference in handling with the adjustable front trackbar and that amount of lift, but if you want to do it right you'll need the trackbar too.
x2.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I replaced my factory LCA's with Synergy adjustable LCA's, already had an adj trackbar, but I replaced it as well since I didn't know anything about the TB, no markings or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts