Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I'm new to the forum so I apologize if this topic has already been covered (although I couldn't find any threads on it).
I have a 2010 4 door and I love to take the doors off. However, my jeep is my daily driver and there are often afternoon thunderstorms where I live. I'm torn between getting full soft doors or just getting an emergency top to put on it when it's parked. I already have a black twill nx supertop on it, so it's really just the doors that are the issue.
Here are the options I'm thinking that I've got:
-take the doors off, leave the top down, put an emergency top on every day at work
-get soft doors, put the top back up every day
-put the top on and make some sort of rolling tarp on both sides to cover the doors

The soft door option sounds appealing because then I could use it while driving too, but it would be pretty much $1k to get all 4 doors :(
Here's another issue... I was drawn in to getting the newest black twill soft top (and for a good reason - I do love it) but unfortunately, I don't think they make the black twill doors yet, so any soft doors wouldn't really match.
What are your thoughts, oh jeep gurus?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had the same issue. Here is what I ended up doing.

1) I bought a cab cover that includes door area coverage and carry it with me
2) I remove the side and rear windows and carry with me in a window roll
3) I originally planned to use the cab cover every day at work, however it is too tedious to put it on everyday. What I do instead is run my top with the sunrider open. When I get to work I just flip up the top so the interior doesn't bake in the sun all day (I don't even bother closing the latches).
4) Install cab cover only when it is going to rain.

Good luck finding something that works for you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts