Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. Here's that time again, wondering what to get. I am looking for side steps, guard, armor, etc. the one that really stood out to me was the Evo MFG armor rock sliders. My jeep would definitely not be considered a krawler jeep, more of a trail jeep at best; but maybe in the future it will be a krawler.. SO instead of buying one that acts more of a sidestep than any, I would rather buy something once than to buy,sell,then buy again. My question is that would it be weird to see a trail jeep(nicer name for a mall crawler) with that type of side armor?

·
Registered
823 Posts
If you feel you will need that kind of protection either now, or in the future, do it. Those rock sliders are the toughest ones I've seen on the trail. However, if its just for looks, there are cheaper options that are easier to install and look just as good. Remember, the EVO sliders are weld-on, so unless your can weld you will have to pay someone to install them. I agree with the buy once idea. I currently have Rugged Ridge rock sliders that I bought when I first got my Jeep, but now that I've joined a club and wheel pretty hard once a month I plan on upgrading. Good luck! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I don't own the EVO sliders, but I hear that they are great. I opted for PSC Brawler Rockers because my wife needed a step. I'm extremely happy with them in appearance, performance, and looks.

Even if you have a mall crawler, the sliders help protect from other car doors hitting your JK in small parking spaces. A steel slider is good overall protection, no matter what you do with your JK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.