Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got completely dicked by a local speed shop that for a week has been saying that my lift would be in last friday today or tomorrow. So now all of a sudden rough country didnt send it because he wanted it wholesale. Now i have 31x10.5in tires on my jeep it fits and doesnt rub. Im trying to figure out now if i want to even get the lift or if i just want to get flat fenders and get it painted sooner? Inputs please?

·
Registered
79 Posts
If it wasn't a question of how fast you could have it done, what do you REALLY want to do?My guess is waiting it out you'll be happier.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Negative on the 1.5 shackle lift that's way too much. Your shackles would be 3"s longer than stock and they will hang up, lowering your overall clearance.

Do a 1" BL, it won't effect your driveline angles, and you can expand on to an engine 1" MML to ease vibrations after you install a real lift. Going full shackle is cheaping out IMO, but consider your options

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
If you want to go rough country, just call them. On the phone they were really nice and sent my my kit with free shipping and I had it within three days, no BS.

Now when I tried to go through another company first, I waited 3 weeks then was told they were on back order and also that there was a $125 freight charge. I got my money back and spent the extra $125 on stainless brake line extenders and shock boots.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sevenservices said:
If you want to go rough country, just call them. On the phone they were really nice and sent my my kit with free shipping and I had it within three days, no BS.

Now when I tried to go through another company first, I waited 3 weeks then was told they were on back order and also that there was a $125 freight charge. I got my money back and spent the extra $125 on stainless brake line extenders and shock boots.
Ill have to give them a call and from the place i was ordering through he was chargin me an extra 150 for the kit so i was gonna pay 650 do you guys like the lift? Im gettin the 2.5in

and to be honest theres no hurry at all. Im 17 and worked my ass off for a nice chunk of money to fix possible broken parts (i have 1000 and change for that) then i sold my old truck for 5000 (which was alot more then i paid) and i bought my jeep for 2250 so i have money left over to spend since i worked everyrhing out right:)

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
These are the things you learn here and I have saved a lot of money. So good take ona little and save a lot great way to go!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jokerchief462 said:
These are the things you learn here and I have saved a lot of money. So good take ona little and save a lot great way to go!!!
Thanks! And the jeep was completely worth it too hardly any rust only spot was a hole in the driver floor everywhere else is great paints a bit beat up and its a 4 cyl.. :/ but its a good first jeep:) i wish i could trade it for a tj though i just dont know anyone whod want to downgrade haha

·
Registered
483 Posts
i would do a 1inch shackel a 1inch body then down get a lift i would get a zone 2 inch not a rc then u can run 33

1 - 10 of 10 Posts