Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellow jeepers. What do you think. Plasti dip fender part where the signal lights are or should I leave them white. The fender flares are Bedlined. Hood and grill is Plasti dipped. Your opinion is much appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like it both ways. Personally I have my grille plasti-dipped and left the front marker panel alone. I think with a white Jeep though, especially if you're going to clear signals and marker lights than i would go ahead and take it all the way across the front. There will be better contrast between a clear signal lens and the black plasti-dip.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im seriously thinking about doing the exact same thing, because the paint chips drive me crazy.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fltopp1 said:
Im seriously thinking about doing the exact same thing, because the paint chips drive me crazy.
You should do it. I'm very happy with this look. Anyway, thanks for the opinions guys and gals. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
When you say "Plastic Dip" do you mean the stuff in a small can that you dip tool handles in or is something harder like bed liner stuff?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Quest4life said:
When you say "Plastic Dip" do you mean the stuff in a small can that you dip tool handles in or is something harder like bed liner stuff?
It is the same stuff you are referring to but it is available in an aerosol can.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Love mine, I did just the bottom of the flares, under the lights, theres a body line there. but i like the whole piece done like you've got as well! You'll love the clear corners also! Best ~40$ ive spent as far as cosmetically goes. There actually brighter than my headlights haha, just gives me the excuse to get LED headlights. Keep up the good work I like your hood too! And I've had mine dipped for 2 months now and holds up well to pressure washer even!

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quest4life said:
You can use for tools as well. Peels off like a giant sticker so if you ever change your mind you can take it off easily. There's lots of threads on it. Look it up if your curious. It's available at Home Depot or Lowes.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Alright fellow jeepers. What do you think. Plasti dip fender part where the signal lights are or should I leave them white. The fender flares are Bedlined. Hood and grill is Plasti dipped. Your opinion is much appreciated. Thank you.
I think you are addicted. LOL Next will be the Windshield frame, then the tail gate. Then the doors, then the roll bar...oh, heck, might as well do the rest of it now. :rofl:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dextreme said:
I think you are addicted. LOL Next will be the Windshield frame, then the tail gate. Then the doors, then the roll bar...oh, heck, might as well do the rest of it now. :rofl:
First it starts out by just trying it once, then I started skipping work and dipping instead, then you'll start making trips to the hardware store at weird hours and buying up all their stock... Next at around six bucks a can you'll go broke.Then before you know it your a full on addict facing horrible withdraws and just start using 96cent spray paint instead... :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I do plan on doing some hinges and such but most will be bed lined. Really the only thing Plasti dipped on my rubi is the grill and middle part on the hood. Not an addiction but rather enjoying making my jeep mine. Isn't that what we all do anyways?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don't get car wax on plasti-dip. Just an FYI. Unless you enjoy a splotchy milky look :/

1 - 20 of 44 Posts