Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I currently use Black Magic tire shine on my stock tires and was wondering if there was a better alternative. Every time I use it it leaves a good shine but attracts so much dirt and mud that my tires are worse off a day later.
Thanks.:wavey:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi all, I currently use Black Magic tire shine on my stock tires and was wondering if there was a better alternative. Every time I use it it leaves a good shine but attracts so much dirt and mud that my tires are worse off a day later.
Thanks.:wavey:
I got the same stuff two days ago I don't care for it had a hard time making it cover evenly but anything you get that stays wet looking will attract dirt .

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I stopped using it. My tires just end up throwing the stuff all over the side of my rig.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Shiny tires are for sports cars. :hide:
I didn't even like shiny tires when I had my 350Z. I have a great looking product I like on tires, it's basically a black tire wax that is completely matte, no shine or sheen at all. It's from a detailing products company named Dodo Juice and is called Tyromania. Problem is it's a pain in the rear to use on any sidewall that is ribbed like the stock SR-A's. I so can't wait until I have something like a duratrac with those smooth sidewalls. I gave up on the "wax" stuff after trying to use it on the spare first.

·
Registered
422 Posts
x4......keep a good layer of mud on everything.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've found my best results come with certified Texas Mud after a good storm. Got another satisfied customer here. I highly recommend Texas Mud to anyone here with confidence. Don't be fooled by the imposters; only get genuine Texas Mud from a certified dealer.

Reactions: Shark_13

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes...To help slow down the dry rot of your $350.00 dollar ea.12.50x37's....don't forget to spray the inside too.
i don't know about that. My baja claws have been on my rig for over 3 years now and have seen snow, dirt, mud, rocks, highway, and everything i've used it for and no signs of dry rot yet. The Jeep has never been garage kept and the has sat out in the hot NC and Texas sun. Never put a drop of anything but pressurized water on them and they look as good as new.

i have worn the tread down before any signs of old age have come along.....besides, unless you put some type of rubber conditioner on them, most everything else will evaporate in the hot sun and would probably accelerate tire dryness.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I hate tire shine i think its looks awful. The only thing i'll use is westleys bleach white for white lettering on tires (yeah yeah im one of those guys who likes the white letter side out) but other than that i just use soap and water or leave em muddy ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts