Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JKUR & 2004 LJ
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toad Bumpers / Towing Bumpers options available

I've been Searching but not finding the exact info I'm looking for.

Looking for who makes front bumpers that are either tow ready, factory weldable or the like. I DO NOT want to add an extra base plate to the bumper.

As I understand LOD will weld on tabs. Possible Crawler Conceptz. Personally like the look of the Rough Country Hybrid Stubby. Not sure compatibility.

I am personally looking for a stubby. But please post all as I'm sure there are others out there with the same Question

Appreciate.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have a Rock Hard 4x4 bumper (see link below) with bolt-on towbar brackets for the Blue Ox tow system. They make the brackets for 2 other brands as well. They just bolt on where their bumper bolts up (see attached pic). Mine is not a stubby but they make one. You can get it with a recessed winch mount as well which is what I did.

Rock Hard 4x4 Jeep Bumpers

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 JKUR & 2004 LJ
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess i didn't do enough research I had not seen "bolt on" brackets. I was only aware of the "plate" system...

Was hoping to use this post to start a list of available bumpers. But it looks like most bumpers with a shackle tab or somewhere to drill/mount the Rock Hard brackets would work.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looking for who makes front bumpers that are either tow ready, factory weldable or the like. I DO NOT want to add an extra base plate to the bumper.

Do you mean you don’t want the traditional base plates made by Blue Ox or Roadmaster? I added a Currie skid plate with tabs to accept a Blue Ox or Demco tow bar. Not sure if you’re against that option or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess i didn't do enough research I had not seen "bolt on" brackets. I was only aware of the "plate" system...

Was hoping to use this post to start a list of available bumpers. But it looks like most bumpers with a shackle tab or somewhere to drill/mount the Rock Hard brackets would work.
I put these on our JKU. They bolt directly to the frame and tow quite well. They require are two cuts on the skid plate, but it's not hard and the install goes faster than expected.

https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-tow-loops-red

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my 2016 JKU Sport S to use as our eventual "toad" behind our eventual motorhome. I've only seen two bumper manufactures that build specifically with tow options directly from the bumper. Rock Hard and LOD. I recently mounted my LOD Destroyer Full Width Bumper (and LOD Destroyer Armor Steps). I ordered the LOD Road Master attachment points (Painted them Red). Will shortly begin to attach aux braking system, tow wiring bundle, etc.

I ordered the bare metal then prepped and painted the items myself using Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating "Professional Grade". Thought it all came out great and much prefer the look to the baseplate option. But that's just me.

Land vehicle Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille Green

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Treadmill Car

Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Wheel Tool

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.