Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah.... if that's a big concern for you, you probably don't need to buy one. LOL

·
Registered
57 Posts
I get asked the same and when I tell them I'm averaging 14.3 mpg's, they say "wow v8's are gas guzzlers huh" I then tell them it's only a v6. the look on their faces afterwards, lol!

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
On the way home from Dennis Dillon Jeep in Idaho I was seeing 22 mpg on the info display. When I filled up in Prineville, Oregon the calculated mileage was 20.2 mpg. But it gets about the same city MPG as my economy car, a 2012 Corvette ;) that can get 30 mpg highway.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
We all know MPG is one of the things that keeps most of the wannabes, copycats and tree huggers off the beaten path. Theres no use posting my 17-20 mpg range that impresses me.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I get pretty excited if I get 15 mpg or more in my Jeep. I tell people that it's a lot like driving a dumpster as far as aerodynamics are concerned. Maybe a washing machine. With the lid open.

Reactions: SOCALGAL

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm happy to see 17, which is more than my RS4. So, in a sense, my Jeep is my economy car. Plus it only uses regular! I save so much driving it!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have three FCA products, all with the Pentastar 3.6. All behave completely differently on the road, and all three get different mileage.

2017 Jeep JK, 6spd MT 3.21 - 18 around town, 21 highway. I work hard at driving nice to get those numbers. Time the acceleration with a Calendar.
2014 Dodge Durango 8-spd AT - 16 around town, 24 highway. Not driven all that nice, performance feels more like a V-8. Off the line as hard as you want to go, merges on the highway with throttle to spare.
2014 Dodge Caravan 6spd AT - Yes I drive a mini-van, get over it. 18 around town, 26 highway. Can accelerate as much as it needs to, not a lot to spare though. Not the performance of the Durango. Not as bad as the Jeep.

All three vehicles shift differently, accelerate differently, have preferred local speeds and prefered highway speeds.

The Jeep is easiest at 40mph around town, and 68-70 on the highway.
The Durango is quite easy around town at 45mph (Close to ticketville) and will cruise at any reasonable (even some unreasonable) highway speeds.
The Caravan isn't really comfortable at any speed. Too much feathering, I use cruise control far more in the van than any other vehicle I have owned.

Bottom line, all of use have different wheels, mods, gears, and weight. Add 500 lbs of bumpers, rock rails, winches, and skid plates and I bet two identical drive lines are 2mpg different. Throw in the proclivity to drive hard vs. drive nice...

I do know that that my driving style (bad day at the office vs. good day at the beach) is the greatest factor that changes my mileage. Far more noticeable in the Jeep.

·
Registered
429 Posts
:dance:I answered "I have no clue, I just fill it up when it gets empty" :dance:

·
Premium Member
'17 willys wheeler
193 Posts
I looked back at her and laughed.

last week i was putting the golf clubs in the back and someone asked the same question, i started laughing also. he said "well,i get 25 in my chevy suv" i said cool, but it's not a wrangler.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Ten smiles per gallon

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Ask them how much spg their car gets.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I get asked the same and when I tell them I'm averaging 14.3 mpg's, they say "wow v8's are gas guzzlers huh" I then tell them it's only a v6. the look on their faces afterwards, lol!
The sad thing is, these would probably get better mileage WITH a V8.

A friend of mine just got a JKU. I asked her how she was liking it, and she said she was in love with it. She then mentioned that her husband teases her because his 5.3L Quad cab Silverado 4x4 gets better mileage. (It's true, last time I was in his truck he was at 19.8 avg)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would tell them the truth - I have no idea.

All I do is put gas in it when it needs it.

I don't think I have ever even THOUGHT about my MPG. Hell, I didn't even look at the fuel economy portion of the window sticker when I bought the dang thing.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I couldn't be more pleased! 19.8 out of 1st tank & 20.9 on the 2nd. That's pretty good to ME!!!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I always respond with a question to their question, and the conversation usually ends there.

"Miles per gallon? You mean gallons per mile don't you?"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts