Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few shots of our trip today. It was unreal how much the chains on the back helped out. Two guys were not chained up, both got stuck pretty good!! (full size trucks though)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So did you pull them out?
No, 1 guy had help on the way & there was a dodge trying to get the other one out when we found him.
Neither wanted our little jeep to get involved, lol
Neither had chains either. I can't imagine being on those icy, steep, cliff ridden roads w/o tire chains.
We only hung them on the back but a couple of times I wished we would have put them on the front too. I just puckered up a bit, we got through it just fine with just the rear end chained up. Amazing where this thing will go chained up. Go JEEP!!!:punk:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I'd be weary of getting pulled out by chains but not by a Jeep.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
I thought the same thing ESP.. Then realized those were his tire chains as they didn't look like a recover set up..

·
Administrator
30,780 Posts
Awesome pics. Looks like a beautiful run

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:punk: I love snow wheeling.
I hear ya, it's fun to come home with a clean Jeep instead of a muddy or dusty one, lol.

Was looking at the picture of all the chains on the front bumper.
I thought the same thing ESP.. Then realized those were his tire chains as they didn't look like a recover set up..
Ya, I just hung them there so I wouldn't get all the snow in the Jeep.

nice tires!!:p
Thanks. They actually sucked on the ice. Once chained up they rocked!!!

Awesome pics. Looks like a beautiful run
It was beautiful up there. Here's a little mule deer that we found trying to find something to nibble on in the snow. It was 14 degrees.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Where you at?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where you at?
We are north of Grand Junction Colorado on top of the Bookcliff Mountain Range. About 25 miles from our house. Took 16 Rd due north to access the mountains.

Looks like its time to trim the goatee :D

Sweet pix man
Thanks, ya the goatee comes off on a regular basis. We love the outdoors & I enjoy hangin the iron. Wheelin on the frozen earth is fun cause you have the place to yourself & the jeep doesn't even get dirty. No mud or dust to worry about.

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Can I come? I just gota drive out from PA... :O

Haha, actually I was just out on a run in the snow, Im waiting for tuesday for this next storm to hit... ;)

The mountains are beautiful out there, Im jealous.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts