Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys about to toe in my jeep after putting the zone 4.25" on it. I have 35" goodyear mtrs and I am wondering what the best toe in measurement is? I have heard 5/32 toe in is the right measurement for 35s? So 5/32 is the same at 2.5/16 correct?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the right place for me to ask;
But does anyone want to take a crack at dumbing-down all of this? Maybe explain the question and answer it to me like I'm 5 yrs old. Or with puppets? Ha

·
Registered
581 Posts
Imagine Toe-in like someone who is pigeon toed. Where the toes are pointing inward and the heels are further apart than the toes. For our jeeps, you want the same concept. You want the forward of the tire/rotor (depending how you align) 1/16" - 1/8" less than the aft of the tire/rotor. This helps with tracking straight. Here's an alignment write-up I borrowed from Water Dog.
View attachment Alignment Write up.pdf

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's making more sense.
And the tie rod is how one adjusts this, correct?
I'm not planning on doing this myself anytime soon, but I would like to give it a shot at least once.
Maybe just before I get forced to get my jeep professionally aligned in Hawaii lol

·
Knows a couple things...
49,408 Posts
Yes the tie-rod is what adjusts/sets the toe-in. Once you have done this yourself the first time and find out just how easy it is to get it right, you'll never pay another alignment shop for a toe-in adjustment again. I can set my toe-in before I could get half-way to my nearest alignment shop 4-5 miles away.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Awesome, I've read a few how-to's on how easy TJs are to align yourself. Anxious to try it for myself!

But Hawaii safety inspection requires a professional alignment shop receipt :\
Hopefully only once... But we'll see

1 - 8 of 8 Posts