Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Going to order a new front drive shaft. Just checked and....hard to imagine that it failed at this angle? It's not visually critical, pretty sure my 2010 DS was worse but this one lasted 18 months.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Pics not showing. Where is your caster at btw ?

Adams or KOR are my personal favorites.
Interesting, let me try to attach it.

Attachments

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stressed as in needs replacing? I was surprised too because it doesn't look like its close to fatal angle. Here's another picture.

Attachments

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The joint is not bad yet. Clean up the grease and keep a eye on it.
2.5 TF coils have been on there for 18 months. Jeep has been wheeled but recently more as we got a good bit of snow last week. Might have stressed it more during this time. I'll wipe off the spats and keep an eye on it. If they continue to show up then go ahead with the 1310?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
2.5 TF coils have been on there for 18 months. Jeep has been wheeled but recently more as we got a good bit of snow last week. Might have stressed it more during this time. I'll wipe off the spats and keep an eye on it. If they continue to show up then go ahead with the 1310?
Yep.. Are you running adjustable control arms?

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Geo or drop brackets correct it and improve the angle of the front shaft? It's been a long time since I've read on them or thought of em.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, just going to watch it then. I've wiped off the grease spats and will check it every couple of days to see if it comes back. Btw, how long do most places claim a new shaft takes to instal hour wise? Anything else needed if I do pick up a 1310 after installing it?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Ok, just going to watch it then. I've wiped off the grease spats and will check it every couple of days to see if it comes back. Btw, how long do most places claim a new shaft takes to instal hour wise? Anything else needed if I do pick up a 1310 after installing it?
A shop will charge a min one hour rate for install. Hopefully they should Road test it also at different speeds
To check for any vibrations. As some Pinion angle adjustment might be needed if applicable . You'll need a grease gun
Of course to maintenance it..

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm still not sure how this could have happened at my height and use. Are the rzzeppa joints prone to spilling grease?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Is the clamp on the boot loose by chance ? That angle really doesn't look that bad IMO.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure, would I just feel if it's loose? Would it turn or slightly move?

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Depends how worn it is. Mine was actually loose and making noise.

I went with the JE Reel with the upgraded yokes.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts