Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
501 - 518 of 518 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
Just dropped some coin into a interior upgrade. I have been wanting to upgrade seats for a couple years and finally bit the bullet and ordered some Corbeau Baja JP seats for the front. Didn't do the rear yet since I don't feel like having car seats trash the rear

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Look forward to a review of the seats. I need to upgrade mine and the Corbeaus are at the top of the list.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
Last night I started my seat swap had to do the driverside first obviously it was the logical choice. Went smoothly until I came across the external torx bolt on the seat rail thst was seized. Ended up stripping a socket, my stripped nut removal sockets wouldn't bite it. Had me baffled for an hour or so. Then I remembered my buddy left his welder in my garage. What a glorious thing that was. Welded a nut to the stripped bolt and zapped it right off with my new impact I also got for Christmas. Once it was off I put the seats on the rails and went to reinstall. Thank God I have a tilt wheel or I wouldn't be able to get it you do sit more upright then the seats look and your seating position has definitely changed you can see over the hood more better before the seat had to be all the way back. Now I I actually had to slide it forward to be able to fully depress the pedals. I did have a choice between seatbelts and a console so obviously we know the seatbelts won. Later today I'm gonna but some new external torx sockets. And get back to work

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 ·
The Corbeau's are awesome offroad they really soak up the bumps . I will be adding a Smaller Grant steering wheel here soon for it to make getting in and out easier and heres a pic from Newyears day

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Tom
If you haven't sourced your ammo can yet, I came across a killer deal from one of my go to sources. 40mm ammo can
Every one of them I've ordered has been in really good shape when it arrived.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 · (Edited)
It has been a long time since I have updated this page. My build has been pretty stagnate I did swap the LSD in the 8.8 out for a Powertrax locker I will not recommend them at all 3 of the parts in the locker broke within 4 months and I only had a handful of trips on them with nothing hard . I have since Swapped out the LSD carrier and powertrax locker for a Yukon Grizzly locker which has been working out very well . I also swapped out the Hid headlights in favor for a set of Morimoto Sealed 6's they are brighter than the HID retrofits and have the same sharp cutoff pattern. A few weeks ago I did push the Jeep beyond its limits and flopped trying to save it from flopping but the front end washed out and tossed me over Luckily the Poison Spyder armor had served its purpose and took the kits Just leaving a little bit of scratches on the fenders . I am starting to collect parts for the build over the winter I am finally going to be going SOA Using Wagoner front springs, and some u bolt eliminator perches that allow for a 1" stretch I am getting from work . I am shooting for a 100" wheelbase . I already have the Discontinued Reid Racing D3001JL & D3001JR knuckles with artec arms and knuckle tie in bolts for Double sheer high steer, Along with the outer's from a 1974 Chevy K10 Pickup. I still need to get some Warn Premium hubs new pads and rotors to complete that . For wheels I am planning on some 6x5.5 Raceline Bead locks (most likely machined finished Monsters) with some adapters and spacers for the 8.8 and front to match the track width which will be just shy of JK track width.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Glad you're alright! Definitely a weird feeling flopping in a vehicle.

I know someone that ditched those knuckles pretty quick, cool idea for locking hubs and a few heavier duty parts but it is still a dana 30 with dana 30 balljoints..... Also my complaint with most aftermarket bolt in upgraded axles is that they'll make a dana 44 that reuses your dana 30 knuckles and same size ball joints.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #516 · (Edited)
Glad you're alright! Definitely a weird feeling flopping in a vehicle.

I know someone that ditched those knuckles pretty quick, cool idea for locking hubs and a few heavier duty parts but it is still a dana 30 with dana 30 balljoints..... Also my complaint with most aftermarket bolt in upgraded axles is that they'll make a dana 44 that reuses your dana 30 knuckles and same size ball joints.
I forgot to mention I upgraded to teraflex hd balljoints last year after I broke a U joint and took out the balljoint. I also have chromoly shafts in the 30 and will be getting them for the 44 stub shafts . I went this route since I can swap the 8.8 into my wifes XJ along with all the D30 internals and bolt-on parts once I swap tons on the yj in a couple years.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #517 ·
I just ordered new wheels for the build yesterday. I went with 17x9 Dirtylife DT-9303 wheels. I will be ordering the forged aluminum rings in a few months so they will be functional beadlocks. I've decided to go with Alcan springs on the Jeep with orbital eyes on both ends on the rear and frame side up front. For shocks probably bilstein 7100 or Fox 2.0 perfomance series that will be revalved for the spring rate and weight of the yj. I'm going to prove a leaf sprung suspension can hang with those coils.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nice read, nice rig, nice build (y)

501 - 518 of 518 Posts