Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 518 Posts

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Jeep is looking good so far!
Thanks I can't wait to get it lifted of the 6 other Jeeps I've owned this one has stayed stock height the longest the others were lifted within a week or so . It'll be in the air soon enough. I may build or buy sliders for it soon also.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
I just ordered some sliders for the YJ. They should arrive between the 11th and 18th of this month.

Tomorrow I'll be ordering my Best top supertop with 2 piece soft doors. Once it's installed

I'll be trading my hardtop for some 4:10 axles and keeping an eye out for a 4:10 8.8 rear to swap in.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
I just ordered some Warrior products Rear corner gaurds with led cutout's , I also ordered a flush mount led reverse light. I'll be reusing my led tails, Before I install them I will be hitting them with some bedliner to get the texture to match the sliders that I ordered last night

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Today, I ordered some HID offroad lights for the YJ, Along with some windshield mount brackets. I ordered the 4" lights because they are really a 6" light. ( I learned that with my YJ when I ordered the 7" and they are closer to 9" )

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Today my new windshield was installed I found a not so pleasant Surprise, But I am picking up a new windshield frame in a day or so. Then I'll swap it out with the glass when I install my softop. As the glass guy left brown Santa arrived bearing gifts.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
I started to install the rear 1/4 armor today and I can say that warrior products cut the holes for the lights 1/4" too small. I can not get my lights installed which is rather irritating. I don't recommend their armor at all. Now I need to find a led tail that rivits on if I want to use the armor.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Subscribed..

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Do you like those rocker guards? I was going to buy these: Jeep YJ Rocker Guards but im not sure, the step bar is nice...
I like them they were not priced bad and the bar sticks out flush with my TJ rubicon flares so like 4" it'll work better as a step then the Psc ones I had on my 95.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
looking good!!!!
Thanks, In a couple of hours I'll be throwing on the lift, Before then I need to trim the front corner of the rear flares so it slides over the tube on the sliders then It'll be done until the soft top goes on. Thats when I'll buy a 4:10 geared front axle and Pick up a 4.10 gear 8.8 rear

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
My attempt at installing the lift was a bust my impact gun rated at 350ftlbs did have enough ass to break free the tcase skid bolts , pitman arm, or leafs at the frame do I'll try to get it in my buddy's shop one night this week to use his oxy/ace torch and his impact that puts out 1000ftlbs Until then here she is armored up an on 33's with the RC boomerang shackles that are pretty darn beefy.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Looking good man!
Thanks

My offroad lights came in today and since the ballast is internal they won't fit on my windshield brackets :( I might re drill a hole on the bracket to see of I can get them to work. If not I'll have 2 insanely bright rock lights lol.

41 - 60 of 518 Posts