Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,411 Posts
Of the winch plates I've used over the years, that one is still my favorite... it's a very nice design. I no longer need a separate mounting plate because my bumper has an integrated winch mount but if it didn't, that's what I'd run again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I am really thing of purchase of this item. I have an after market bumper and it has a stock profile.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I run this Tomken winch plate on my own front bumper, actually per Jerry's recommendation awhile ago. My Warn Zeon winch mounted perfectly. I was pleased with the ordering, receiving, and the product. Good choice!

·
Registered
970 Posts
No. The dimensions and fit were such that I used my stock fog lamps and tow hooks which is what I had planned on doing. I don't have plans right now to add any other lights or light bar.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Renewing an old thread to ask if anyone has installed one of these lately on a TJ with a stock front bumper. Just bought a Warn M8000s & was trying to go the super cheap route with the HF universal mount plate, but by the time I drill the right OEM tow hook holes, cut off excess material from the corners and notch the front to accommodate my OEM bumper pads - I'll have way more of my time invested than it would cost to buy the Tomken. Plus, I really like the built in grill/winch guard & think it may give me a spot to mount my 10" LED bar.
Did you buy direct from Tomken or go through another vendor?
Thanks.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,411 Posts
I installed Tomken's winch plate, purchased directly from them, on a stock bumper maybe 17 years ago and it fit and worked great. Of all of the winch plates available, it's still my favorite.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I installed Tomken's winch plate, purchased directly from them, on a stock bumper maybe 17 years ago and it fit and worked great. Of all of the winch plates available, it's still my favorite.
Jerry,
I did a Google search and it pulled up one of your posts from 2002 on a different website. Indeed if you still like it that much after all these years then it ought to be good enough for me.:happyyes:
Guess I'll call them tomorrow and order one. I really like the built-in winch/grill protector on it & want to figure out a way to mount my 10" led bar on it.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,411 Posts
I'm no longer running the Tomken since my front Savvy bumper has an integrated winch mount but if I ever needed a separate winch mount, Tomken's would be my choice again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts