Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my brand new/used 2004 Sahara. I love it and when I pulled into the driveway my 17 year old son came out to look at it. He took it for a ride and now wants one. He has been looking for a truck for about 3 months and one 10 minute ride around the block and now he wants a jeep...too funny.
My ride home was about two and a half hours and everything was great except for how uncomfortable the seats were. My back still is bothering me. I think the first thing I'm going to do is change the transmission fluid and spark plugs and then I'm going to try to do something about my seat situation. I only have a 15 mile ride to work so I have some time to figure it out.
One quick question. How do you turn on the interior lights next to the speakers that are on the overhead bar? I was also happily surprised that I got almost 20 mpg driving 70 mph.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Rotate the grooved portion of the left stalk forward. This action gradually increases the dash brightness until the domes light up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If it's the same as my 2000 Sport, there is a pull out knob for the headlights on the dash right next to the driver door. Pull out to turn on the headlights, turn all the way to one side and the dash lights dim. Turn it all the way to the other side, there will be a little resistance and a click, your dash lights will be at their brightest and your dome lights should come on.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I felt like I was riding in a hole when I first bought my 05 LJ. I loved the potential for the Jeep, but my leg was bent at an awkward angle and I just didn't like the feel of the seat. I still had my XJ at the time and I loved driving that. After some research, I learned about 1" seat risers and installed them as soon as I could. They made all the difference in the world with comfort and even allowed me to see over the hood. All is well now.

·
Registered
635 Posts
X2 ^ on the seat risers. I recall hearing the seats were lower in 05 and 06. I have had an 05 and an 06. Being 5'7", I put seat risers in both. I wonder if they would work as well in the 04.
Robot Check

·
Registered
2002 jeep wrangler x
233 Posts
X2 ^ on the seat risers. I recall hearing the seats were lower in 05 and 06. I have had an 05 and an 06. Being 5'7", I put seat risers in both. I wonder if they would work as well in the 04.
Robot Check
well, i'm 5'7" didn't have problems but i guess it won't hurt me if i get those risers:winner:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts