Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a TJ for my 50th birthday and the ride seemed real rough. It has a 6" lift, 33 tires so I just figured that's the way they rode. After reading many posts here I decided to lower the pressure to 30 (It was 38-40!) and now it rides completely different. I can drink a cup of coffee (in a travel mug) without splashing all the interior windows...:banghead:

What do you guys keep tire pressure at? Thanks!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,414 Posts
Nice, it's amazing how how high some shops/people inflate tires to.

For your 33" tires, 26 (unloaded) to 28 (loaded) psi is about right for carrying a vehicle with the weight of a Wrangler. :)

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I keep mine at 28 mainly for fuel savings. Much more comfortable than when I was at 30 psi but I lost a little over a mpg for my 100 mile daily commute to and from work on the highway. I may try 26 and see what that difference was, but I'm still trying to calculate what I lost from lifting another inch.

·
JEEP OUT
19,722 Posts
Question, our 2010 jk, I had at 30psi, the tpms stayed on until I inflated to 35psi. I feel a little rougher ride. Should I go back and let the light stay on??Also the wife does not like the tpms light on, any suggestions???

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Question, our 2010 jk, I had at 30psi, the tpms stayed on until I inflated to 35psi. I feel a little rougher ride. Should I go back and let the light stay on??Also the wife does not like the tpms light on, any suggestions???
I use electrical tape on DVRs, routers, and stuff with annoying lights all the time. Works like a charm.

Seriously though, I think some sensors are programmable. I'm not sure about the JKs though.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,414 Posts
Tell your wife the TPMS was designed for stock size tires. Larger tires require you to run lower air pressure so the TPMS will not be happy and it will keep that light on. Either live with the light, remove it, or put black electrical tape over it.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
that can be turned off . I think the programmer or what ever AEV calls it will do it from what I have read but check into it farther to be sure.

·
JEEP OUT
19,722 Posts
The tires are the stock duelers, it said on side of doors to inflate to 35psi. Like I said then the light went off. Electrical tape or just live with it won't fly here, I know her better than that. lol

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Replace the lettering for the light with "CHK ENG". My wife always ignores that one.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
BLK00TJ said:
Replace the lettering for the light with "CHK ENG". My wife always ignores that one.
LMAO

I run 30 psi. Works for me.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
this may actually be a better one . I use this in my Hemi Ram and I think a while back JP magazine tested a bunch of them and for some reason I want to say Superchips did more Overall Superchips - Store

1 - 17 of 17 Posts