Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all seen pics of them. 12 inches of lift on 29" tires. I know that's an extreme example, but everyone in here has seen too much lift for the tire combination. I've got 33x12.5x15's on 15x10 wheels. I'm lifted 4 inches on rancho springs. My body mounts are worn out, so i know that fixing those will help a bit. I know at flex my tires hit. So how much lift is too much lift with this combination?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Not really sure what your wanting here but...

I think it's dangerous to go too tall without going wider. I think you can keep the lift you have and do some fender work. You have not even trimmed the stock flares. tJ flares might get you some clearance. Also maybe a 1" body lift. You can always extend the bump stops so it does not hit.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Front tires do not rub. I think I'll go with TJ fender flares in the rear and the Metal Cloaks on the front. Honestly to me it just looks like the tires are stuffed in there.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I think the lift and tires look perfect! Great balance......1 " of body lift wouldn't hurt, but anymore than that will be too much. IMHO

·
Registered
374 Posts
myquite, what fender flares are those?Your set up looks great!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not sure which brand they are, but they are 6" wide. they almost cover the wheels, not too bad.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got a 4.5" BDS lift and Grabber 33's. Any more lift and I'm afraid the jeep would start sailing at highway (>60 MPH) speeds.

I think you're fine. Might just be getting used to the new combination of lift + tires.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
after much consideration i'm going to put stock body mounts back in, mine are pretty flat. And...I'm going full Metal Cloak. Those things are badass and honestly not much more expensive than regular plastic fender flares. Pics to come(it may take a week or two). thanks for the good info. This is one of the best "specialty" forums i belong too. Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
^^^they shouldn't on 10 inch wheels
Agreed. Most 12.50" wide tires work best on 8 inch wide wheels. I found that out the hard way when my rears (15x10) popped off the bead during very mild wheeling at low pressure (10psi, as I recall). Meanwhile, my fronts (15x8) stay on.

I've since ordered 15x8s all around.

Denis

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i would prefer 8" wheels, but the PO had these put on, and i love the look of them.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I would hate to have those tires stuffed in there like that. Looks like they only have a few inches to move. I am able to stuff my 31's into the wheel wells, and I am SOA +2". That is about 7" of lift. I wont ever go over 33" when my current tires wear out because mine flexes like a champ. My buddy rubs his when going over some things and has problems. If you dont want to wheel it and just have it look nice you are ok, but the functionality and what you build it to do does not work when your tires are too big. As you see from this pic I dont have that much room, but I built mine to flex off road so I can go over large objects that are in my way, as well as keep traction over very uneven surfaces.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
functionality is everything. I took it out and flexed it today. I didn't have any rubbing. But i wasn't exactly maxing out either. I'm hoping the metal cloaks come soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts