Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i have a pretty much stock tj and have a set of 31x10.50 bfg ats on it. well even know they are not huge they still look too big with my jeep not lifted. was thinking of doing a 2 inch bb suspension lift with a one inch body lift. i know there may be some better choices but this would be sufficient for me as the most offroading i am able to do right now is a gravel road, lol. and it works with my budget, so you think 3 inches of lift would look stupid with 31s? anyone got a pic of a jeep with 31s and 3 inches of lift?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I would think that just the BB would give you plenty of lift, for your 31's. You will probably need longer shocks too. If you go the 3" lift, you will want larger tires.......:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah I think it looks just fine. But I think that its time grow pass your gravel road.

:)
i know man, i would like to put my tj to the test trust me. do you know what it feels like driving a machine designed to be run mainly off road in the city everyday with no end in sight? lol, i feel like a little animal in a cage, that and i need to get some recovery gear cuz i got no friends. lol

and thanks for that link, pretty cool. based on that jeep i think mine would look great with 3 inches of lift. i think its very proportioned for 31s. 4 gets to be too much, and then it just goes down hill after that

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would think that just the BB would give you plenty of lift, for your 31's. You will probably need longer shocks too. If you go the 3" lift, you will want larger tires.......:D
i already want larger tires, lmao, i got these based on price. that and i thought ats would be a good choice for me. but i have since read a few articles on building a trail jeep and they say mts are the best choice. says ats can clog very easy, anyone have this problem??

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
i already want larger tires, lmao, i got these based on price. that and i thought ats would be a good choice for me. but i have since read a few articles on building a trail jeep and they say mts are the best choice. says ats can clog very easy, anyone have this problem??
Any tire can clog in deep mud. Is your jeep a trail jeep only? Or a mix of trail and driver?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think you'll be OK.

This, on the other hand, may be TOO much lift ;):

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well its my daily driver and i like to go on an occasional trail or two, whenever i find one. so i got ats because i figured mts were to aggressive for my street driving and i would not get many miles out of them. my street driving far outdoes my trail adventuring , so i am thinking i should stick with ats. but from the looks of things 3 inches of lift will do

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I was running 31" tires with ubber squishy and saggy 3" terraflex coils an a 1.75" bb and 1" body lift. I actually really liked the way it looked and got compliments on it alot. They always ask of course if I planned to get bigger tires which I was.

Your planned 3" is not outrageous... I think you should go for it. Even if your tires don't necessitate it yet, at least your shovel will not be dragging all the time.

I've since replaced the bb and 3" coils with Rubicon Express 3.5" coils. That, with the body lift, allows me to run 35" tires now.

- Ben

*edit: oh yeah, don't forget longer shocks if you go that route

1 - 13 of 13 Posts