Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some honest opinion here... Is a 33 inch general grabber AT2 tire to small for 2.5 inch lift? Would a 34 inch nitro terra grappler do the trick?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I run 33" DuraTracs on my jeep with a 2.5" TeraFlex lift and I think it's just right. :)

You can click on the link for my build thread in my sig and see lots of pictures.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have 2DR with 2.5 lift and 33' KM2, I'm happy with it and probably just upgrade to the new KO2 in about the same size , maybe smaller but wider.

In all honesty , different tires sizes/width [10 , 11, 12] w/different 2.5~ suspensions would look different on a wide range of jeeps between 2DR/4DR and the amount of the weight of the front/ rear bumpers that are used. Its pretty much a personal opinion.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
the 31's on my 2inch lift dont look stupid.. i'm getting 33's soon and i think they'll look even better.
2.5 and 33's should look just fine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I run the same setup but with Rancho's 2" sport lift and the Grabbers look great. Though the wifey's JKUR just got 35's and make my tires look puny...

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I need some honest opinion here... Is a 33 inch general grabber AT2 tire to small for 2.5 inch lift? Would a 34 inch nitro terra grappler do the trick?
I will throw another curveball at you. I think 315's look small on a 2.5". I have a TF leveling kit and 315's and its about right, but bordering on too small. Just my opinion though. Then again I run flat fenders so my opinion shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Everyone is going to have a different opinions.

I think 33s are to small for 2.5 lift. Every time I see someone post a picture of one it reminds me of a fat chick pictures you know..from high angle, tires turned to give the illusion the tires fill the wheel well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will throw another curveball at you. I think 315's look small on a 2.5". I have a TF leveling kit and 315's and its about right, but bordering on too small. Just my opinion though. Then again I run flat fenders so my opinion shouldn't matter.
I really considered running 315 duratracs, what is stopping me is that it's my DD and although I have 3.73 gears it's not the most economic set up. I was also conceded about rubbing bumper/ fenders and having to beef up my axels with gussets and what not. 35's seem to be a way bigger investment then just tires.

·
Registered
250 Posts
There are plenty of threads showing 2.5" lift with 33's and 35's. IMO, 33's look fine on a 4 door, better on a 2 door. It really comes down to what you want, and how much money you want to spend. If you have it in your budget, go with the 35's and you will not regret it. If price is a concern, stick with the 33's.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are plenty of threads showing 2.5" lift with 33's and 35's. IMO, 33's look fine on a 4 door, better on a 2 door. It really comes down to what you want, and how much money you want to spend. If you have it in your budget, go with the 35's and you will not regret it. If price is a concern, stick with the 33's.
I hear you, I'm still on the fence about the Nitto's too they come out to around 34 inches probably a little less once mounted on the jeep but the one thing that turns me off about them is the less aggressive look. Trying to find a happy median between aggressiveness and size/weight is tough.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I hear you, I'm still on the fence about the Nitto's too they come out to around 34 inches probably a little less once mounted on the jeep but the one thing that turns me off about them is the less aggressive look. Trying to find a happy median between aggressiveness and size/weight is tough.
Not sure how quickly you are looking to make your decision, but I am getting my 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers installed next week, I will check back with this thread and post some pics.

·
Desert Dweller
633 Posts
I have 2DR with 2.5 lift and 33' KM2, I'm happy with it and probably just upgrade to the new KO2 in about the same size , maybe smaller but wider.

In all honesty , different tires sizes/width [10 , 11, 12] w/different 2.5~ suspensions would look different on a wide range of jeeps between 2DR/4DR and the amount of the weight of the front/ rear bumpers that are used. Its pretty much a personal opinion.
X2. Plus, many "33" or "35" tires are not actually the claimed height. My "35" BFG KM2s are 33.5" when filled with 30 PSI and sitting on the JK. I have a RK 2.5" lift and I think my "35s" fit perfectly.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure how quickly you are looking to make your decision, but I am getting my 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers installed next week, I will check back with this thread and post some pics.
That would be awesome i won't be buying for a little bit just want to have everything set and all the number crunched, and Freedom JK that looks nice.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks. Nitro trail grappler 285/75/17 with a 2.5" tf coil lift.
any idea how much they weight out of curiosity?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts