Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the new Jeep and girlfriend out to break them both in on some easy trails.
I know the Jeep can handle it, the girlfriend is always scared....
I have never took this trail, but gates are open. Trailhead is West of Seven Oaks Dam on Greenspot Rd. In Highland. This is called Alder Creek Rd. or 1N16. It quickly gains elevation and has nice city views (better on a clear day). Nice view of the back of the dam. It met with 1N09 and I went East (going West will take you to Hwy 330 and the shooting area). A few creek crossings and nice weather today at 4000' to 6000'.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We continued East on 1N09. Crossed a few creeks and stopped at Santa Ana River. Water flowing good. Good lunch stop.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After the stop at the upper Santa Ana River, we were on our way out and we came by the cabin of "cop killer" Christopher Dorners final shootout. It is fenced off, but still there.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
That's a good trail to take from hwy 330 to 7 oaks, then down 38 back to highland. Did you stop at the 7 oaks resort?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Been on a few times very scenic and good kickback run. You can also head back up towards big bear and dumps you out behind the resorts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts