Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys know if there is a replacement screw or i can get one from the dealer ship i bought a 2017 JKU sport in november?

·
Super Moderator
6,779 Posts
The first question is which "screw"? Are we talking the threaded bottom of the door pins? Are we talking the threaded pin end itself or are we talking the nut that goes on the pin? Have you tried putting the nut on the pin without putting the door on the Jeep? That can make it easier to figure out what is wrong.

·
Registered
209 Posts
They are not that important. My neighbor has had his JK for 5 years and runs it year round without the nuts on the doors. No issues. But it is new so I get it. Just stay away from my Jeep with your wrench please

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Do any of you guys know if there is a replacement screw or i can get one from the dealer ship i bought a 2017 JKU sport in november?
Did you strip the pin or the torx nut?
Both are cheap and available at just about any vendor here. The pins however are not easily replaced. If its the hinge pin you would be better served just running without the nut.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I run without the door hinge nuts all spring, summer and fall, basically when the soft top is on and just run one in each door when the hard top is on. I messed up the threads in one of the door pins when it was new in 2010 and never fixed it.

Reactions: demattiaa9

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I took the door hinge nuts off the first time I had the doors off, so maybe the 3rd I had my Jeep. I don't know if anything is stripped because I never put them back on. In fact, I am pretty sure that the nuts are in my garage somewhere, but where in the garage, I have no idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i stripped the pin. I am going to leave it. Thanks for all your feedback. They are really not important I came to figure out. thanks again!!!!!:iamhappy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts