Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I'm new to the hobby, and I'm enjoying it so far. About 6 weeks ago, I bought an '03 TJ with 52k miles on her, in bone-stock form. So far, I've added a 4" lift, 33x12.50 BFG KM2's, XRC bumpers, and a Warn VR8000 winch. I took her out for a little off-roading for the 1st time yesterday, and had a blast! She performed well (to my knowledge/ experise factor).....the only "injury" was a little rock rash on a wheel.

So, my question for you guys is.....What should I be carrying as far as recovery gear/ tools? Also, what would be things to avoid? So far, I'm thinking of gloves, jumper cables, sockets & wrenches (not sure what sizes).....So, what am I missing?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Recovery: tree saver, 20' recovery strap at least 2" wide, Maybe a snatch block, couple of shackles.

Avoid tow straps with hooks. Not designed for that kind of force.

Tools: sockets 3/8 drive std./metric along with wrenches, couple of flat head and phillips head small and med. size, vice grips, zip ties, electrical tape, duct tape, small hammer.
Some of the tools will also depend on how long of a trip you will be on. Day trips will require less tools while longer trips will need more and spare parts.

I also have each one in there own bag.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Depending on if you go to big events or not a set of rear axles a breaker bar, fluids a bottle about at least (diff, oil, steering, clutch, ect) big socket for hub and the most used by me is a saw zaw (I've been through 3 tail pipes and ended up just cutting it off at the muffler and facing it down with the spare tubing I got)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts