Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll do my own lift (4.5" RE Superflex "not long arm"), and I'll attempt doing the SLE kit and CV kit to accommodate the lift.

Any suggestions on brand/model for 1/2" Air Wrench, torque wrench, floor lift, jack stands, spring compressor, or other tools?

Thanks

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
A B.f.h. :)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
1st lesson, Tool. T O O L
2nd lesson, ... kidding.

Get a spring compressor from Advance Auto or Autozone. OR, save some money and find someone local who has already done it, buy him some beer, and lift away. ;)

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
There's no need to have a spring compressor doing this job. You are going to be changing out your sway bar links and your shocks at the same time. So you will have no problem removing and installing springs.

The one tool I would strongly suggest you have for an SYE install is good snap ring pliers. That will make that job much easier. As for the rest of it just basic sockets and wrenches will work.

Oh, and if you are changing pitman arms's a pitman arm puller will be necessary.

·
Administrator
12,635 Posts
Get the tallest jack stands you can, makes it much easier. The RE Kit go's on nicely. The only thing I recall was the front axle stock upper control arm bolts where a PITA to get out. Other than that all way fine. Just make sure that all your adj arms are set the same way/length.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts