Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to do some upgrades to my tj to set it off from the rest. It has lift and tires but thats about it. Whats everyone favorite add ons and why?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Id say it depends on what you want to accomplish. Id go with a d44 or 8.8 if you dont have one, CAs for pinion angle, SYE if you need it.

Otherwise flat fenders look and function great with larger tires, bumpers can be very functional and add a winch to its a plus, ZJ or currie steering if you want a stronger tie rod and/or drag link. Rocker guards provide protection. I wheeled with someone last week that had a water tank in the back of his rubicon, and a spigot mounted outside. He used to to clean himself and his dog off when they were out in the wilderness, I thought that was pretty creative.

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
bumpers do nothing offroad while the antirock is a great addition to any TJ

its all in what you want to do, but the AR is the second or third best best mod i've done to mine. lockers are top and its tied with a tummy tuck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bumpers do nothing offroad while the antirock is a great addition to any TJ

its all in what you want to do, but the AR is the second or third best best mod i've done to mine. lockers are top and its tied with a tummy tuck

Sorry but im a newbie. AR meaning what? And what is a tummy tuck?

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
Anti rock. It replaces you anti sway bar with a torsion bar that links your front and rear suspension for better stability offroad without interfering with shock travel.

Tummy tuck is lifting your transfer case skid to add breakover clearance. It's quite a process but a massive benefit. Google "so you want a tummy tuck" for more info

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
^Beat me to it

·
Registered
89 Posts
First of all first Jeep. Ive always had Broncos and pick ups. Broncos are gone and new pick ups suck. Have an 04 tj with 2.4l 5speed and 4.10s or 4.11s (still not sure on that yet) so am keeping it to a 3" suspension and 32s and any mods I have to do to keep it stable.

What Id like to do to mine after lift and tires:
1.) lights: Headlight conversion, brighter back ups and fogs. So I can see where Im going and what Im driving on. This stock tj is dark. Want driving lights eventually too, but don't see them as a necessity.

2.) winch: pretty obvious. If you're out there alone and get stuck.

3.) discos: If you have ever teetered back in forth on 2 wheels you'd know why. Especially on a hill in a ditch that you got sucked into.

Past that I want an Aussie Locker up front and possibly a Detroit TruTrac in the rear D35. Rock Sliders, I don't rock climb but have bottomed Broncos out in rocky places before. Maybe an air compressor would be nice too. Don't care what it looks like. To me practical looks best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts