Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about taking them off but not sure if that is a good idea. It is my only vehicle.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Saying rain on Thursday and still hitting the 30's at night. The freedom tops come in handy for days like these.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I am using my premium soft top for last 2 weeks. even below freezing, it is as good as hard top with heater on. also love the ability to go sunrider in 2 minutes without messing with panels and freedom top bag.

doors and roof off? not yet...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wednesday looks nice. Still going to be cold in the mornings though.

We're getting so close it's just a tease at this point!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Can't wait to do it. The weather is such a tease. It's not too bad the other night it got down to around 30 and I still had the freedom top off and the windows down with no heater(just keep the winter coat close). You could do it if u absolutely have to. I would just wait tho especially bc of the rain.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a cold ride in but not I am shaking cold so it was worth it. And at this point I am thinking the hard top will go back on........Friday!

·
Registered
81 Posts
In Illinois do we have to have side mirrors when the doors are off?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I think you may need to have at least one. I personally wouldn't want to drive without one anyway. There are several different type of mirror relocation brackets.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quadratec has a mirror that goes into the door hinge when you take the doors off. I think it was something like $50. It would be easier than relocating the stock mirror.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Correction. Everything I've found reads that only one mirror is required, giving the driver a rearward view of 200'. So long as your rear view mirror is unobstructed, no side mirrors would be required. I am a maniacal mirror checker though, I stand by my earlier stated opinion of driving with them.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Thinking about taking them off but not sure if that is a good idea. It is my only vehicle.
How does "it is my only vehicle" figure?

Your signature indicates $$$$ are no issue so buy a lift and get the mirrors and just do it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How does "it is my only vehicle" figure?

If I wake up for work and it's cold or raining I don't have another car that I can take

Your signature indicates $$$$ are no issue so buy a lift and get the mirrors and just do it.

How does my signature indicate $$$ isn't an option?
Looking forward to the warm weather today!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
No soft top???

New Jeep
Lift Lift
ReGear
Bumpers Steps Sliders
Winch
AEV
New 35s

You're are either flush or broke

It can rain any time of the year.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Today is the day to be naked.

Why oh why am I at work

·
Registered
176 Posts
Today is the day to be naked.

Why oh why am I at work
I hear you on that. Pulled the tops off at lunch yesterday and left them off for today.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Did the fight already start without me?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts