Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Out of curiosity, why did you leave the rear doors on? I am waiting for the day I get to take them all off and drive around.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Sweet! :thumb:

Looks a little odd, though, with just the rear doors on...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I left the rears on cause I have a couple of little ones and my wife is worried about them.

I think they would love having no doors but it wouldn't be as 'safe'. Not that Jeeps are very safe from the side with the doors on. More of a peace of mind type thing.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I left the rears on cause I have a couple of little ones and my wife is worried about them.

I think they would love having no doors but it wouldn't be as 'safe'. Not that Jeeps are very safe from the side with the doors on. More of a peace of mind type thing.
That's how I roll in the warmer months, too. Nice Jeep!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts

Ah...that makes sense. A little tumbleweed would not be good. :thumb:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice!

Can you post pics of how the hoist works? I've never seen one.. is it bolted into your garage rafters?

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Terryhinsb said:
Can you post pics of how the hoist works? I've never seen one.. is it bolted into your garage rafters?

Any info would be great.

Thanks!
X2 subscribed am looking at hoists and looking for reviews on how the harken is

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far I really like the Harken Hoist. I got it from quadratec for like $129.95, if I remember right.

I used some lag bolts to secure some 2x6s to my rafters, and it installed pretty easily. It feels quite secure.

Lifting the top off was easy enough. Just a few tugs on the rope to pull it up close to my garage ceiling. Granted, I haven't tried lowering it on the Jeep yet, but I think that will be easy too. Just have to get the Jeep positioned right, I assume.

Some pics of it and my clutter garage:

Hope they help!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
What about half doors as an option for the rear for when you have the front doors off?? Just an idea. As far as the Harken Hoist, I have been looking into getting one as I only have the hardtop and it is ALOT cheaper than buying a softtop plus helps with storage. How was install?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sweet! :thumb:

Looks a little odd, though, with just the rear doors on...
i have a small problem with the JKU's anyway.....just doesn't look like a jeep to me. just a shade too long. don't fault you guys for having one, to each their own. they all look good, i just don't need the extra space either so that probably has a bit to do with it.

mod on :punk:

cass:wavey:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the Kolector said:
What about half doors as an option for the rear for when you have the front doors off?? Just an idea. As far as the Harken Hoist, I have been looking into getting one as I only have the hardtop and it is ALOT cheaper than buying a softtop plus helps with storage. How was install?
Install was pretty easy. Just took about four hours including putting the boards up. I printed the directions off of quadratecs website before it arrived so I already had the wood up. The hardest part for me was getting the knots in the right spot for the straps. You'd think I'd knew something about knots from my Navy days... Haha

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beastmaster said:
How do you like your Spiderwebshade?
So far I love the shade. Install was a bit difficult, but once I found the directions on their site it went much better. The back spiderballs were a very snug fit though.

I wanted a bikini type top for all the sun in Phoenix, but I didn't like the look of some of the other, much thicker and darker shades. This is a nice compromise and I like that it has extra grommets for when I put the top back on.

Just make sure to request the extra grommets if you buy one. Having to take the shade off when I want the hardtop back on would be a real hassle.

Now I can't wait for my Ace rails to arrive! The mod bug has sunk his fangs into me now.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Makes a lot of sense. Mine are a little older, so the rear doors will be able to come off.

Looks great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts