Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if any others have tried this, mainly those with hard tops. All of the feedback that I have found has been for soft tops and I realize there is a huge noise issue when combining the top deflector with soft tops. I am planning on either riding with the hard top or riding without a top at all. The main issue is that (and I have heard of others complaining about this) the freedom top never really fits back in the "factory state". I am getting a great seal when it comes to water, but there is a very small skew to the way the passenger side sits when placing the top back on, and this causes a hissing noise at faster speeds. My thought is that this will help deflect the wind over this spot and relieve all of the road/wind noise. Otherwise, with the top off, the louder and more wind, the better!

Here is a link for the product I am talking about:

Wade Automotive Products 20102 - Wade Automotive Top Wind Deflector for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

And to those who are just going to bash and say: "its a Jeep, its supposed to be loud, etc..", I realize that, but if I can alieviate the hissing, I want to.

Thanks to all for your input! :punk:

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have seen that the 2 hold down screws loosened after the first week. I use Teflon pipe tape on the threads and it works great.
Hardtop if off for the season now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts