Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and new to jeeping. Since buying a jeep a month ago I have had the doors and roof off 75% of the time. I have seen some worries people have when they are rockin it topless and doorless and most if not all are valid. Even still, the two biggest things I worry about; birds calling in an airstrike in the cab and someone releasing the e-brake/putting it in neutral and pushing my jeep. Stupid concerns, I know. Anyone else have dumb things they worry about when they are naked?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I worry about people with cameras (digital, cell phone or tablet) being near, when I'm naked. Anybody wanting a pic of that is just not right! :puke:

As for the Jeep, when it's naked, I want to be near it or I empty it. I'm looking at all the security container options out there to store items which will help with any pilfering, etc.,.

The issue with the e-brake, neutral and pushing it. If they want to do it, they will. You are not going to stop a motivated individual. On a soft top, they'll slice into it. With a hardtop and/or full doors, they can simply take out a window. You can only do so much to protect the investment. As someone pointed out in another post, keep your insurance active. That's the best protection you can have.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
if birds and people want to be d bags - then f em - cant control that...

I worry about those things and theft and rain and the apocalypse but I wont let the birds and zombies win...

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Turn them into a bug or an empty bottle of wine....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I worry about some poor sap getting in and thinking the parking brake is what is holding it in place. My parking brake gets worse and worse every day and I'm worried someone will bump into my Jeep while its parked and it will roll into something! (I forget to leave it in gear unless it's on a slope)

More than anything though, I worry about vandalism while the jeep is naked. Nobody is going to steal anything too valuable from my jeep, but they could do a lot of damage if they wanted to simply vandalize it. I have thought about the proximity sensor, but it sounds like work and I have insurance, lol.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Luke 12:25-31

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

Reactions: Beagle

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Luke 12:25-31

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
Oh, put it away.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I've had some dirty looks, had one old man (older then me) yell at me at a stop light telling me I was foolish and irresponsible, few others at the gas station said I was crazy. My favorite was a few people walking by after a meeting while I'm talking to the Chief of Police, we weren't even talking about the Jeep but as he walked off he said 'nice Jeep be safe' - made my day.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I run topless/doorless pretty well all summer.

I wouldn't call it a worry, but I have wondered the odd time about what would be the best way to clean a bird-bomb off of my cloth seats should I get hit.

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,298 Posts
I run topless/doorless pretty well all summer.

I wouldn't call it a worry, but I have wondered the odd time about what would be the best way to clean a bird-bomb off of my cloth seats should I get hit.
Seat covers, SPIDERWEBSHADE - done.

I don't think I ever had a negative comment running naked. Most people either say "Nice Jeep" or "That looks like fun" or something similar.

I have the Tuffy tailgate security enclosure -creates a pretty secure lockable storage area. I just throw anything valuable in there.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I've had some dirty looks, had one old man (older then me) yell at me at a stop light telling me I was foolish and irresponsible, few others at the gas station said I was crazy. My favorite was a few people walking by after a meeting while I'm talking to the Chief of Police, we weren't even talking about the Jeep but as he walked off he said 'nice Jeep be safe' - made my day.
Oooh! Woulda had some fun with him for sure... He'd be tryin' to put his ear hairs out after that little "exchange"
I "love" nosey Bastards.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Oh, put it away.
Did you notice the OP's name? ;)
In any case, there really isn't much you can do to secure an open jeep, so why worry about it?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Did you notice the OP's name? ;)
First, let me preface by saying, I am a Christian.

I noticed. The choice of username was deliberate. It MAY have been chosen to provoke a reaction. You reacted. If I don't agree, I'm not going to lose it over someone else's choice. SMH.

Now, back on topic, please.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pop up heavy thunderstorms would be my top concern. I have had it happen in a Jeep with the top down and I was completely soaked by the time I got pulled over and got the top up. Memphis has several of these type of unpredictable showers in the summer, not much you can do but get wet.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't think I ever had a negative comment running naked. Most people either say "Nice Jeep" or "That looks like fun" or something similar.
I get the generic comments a lot. "perfect day for the Jeep!" or "looks like fun." But, my true favorite are the "aren't you afraid to fall out?" people.

I used to get a lot of "What happened to your doors?" comments when I had my old XJ with the doors off. That was always funny to see the look when you told them you took them off on purpose.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Never ever though it would happen but caught a cat in my back seat using it as a scratching post. Both the seat and back rest have damage. I literally ran outside screaming "get the F$%^ outta my jeep you f%&!ing piece of s%&t cat" Its my best friends neighbors cat. When I visit my buddy I see this f%*king cat. I want to kill this F*$king cat. If that cat and I are EVER on the same side of the fence (my buddies property) I will kick that F$*king cat!

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is funny how much people talk to you sitting at a light or whatever. The biggest annoyance was the crazy people -- you can't just roll up the window and look forward!

And on two occasions, I've had people come up and ask for a ride somewhere -- one guy's wife was having a baby and he offered me $200 to run him to the hospital a few miles away (I didn't take the money); the other was a couple girls wanting a ride to a different bar down the road. The girls actually climbed right in and said 'lets go!'

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Never ever though it would happen but caught a cat in my back seat using it as a scratching post. Both the seat and back rest have damage. I literally ran outside screaming "get the F$%^ outta my jeep you f%&!ing piece of s%&t cat" Its my best friends neighbors cat. When I visit my buddy I see this f%*king cat. I want to kill this F*$king cat. If that cat and I are EVER on the same side of the fence (my buddies property) I will kick that F$*king cat!
Yea.. I had live in a apartment area and this cat was trying to adopt me. Waiting on my door and acting all cute and everything. I told him to forget it. with in the week he used the passenger seat as a scratching post and pissed on the back seat floor. Good thing I like cats in general.

Reactions: Texan42

·
Registered
498 Posts
The only issues we have had being nekked is the cat. Can't keep her out of it. Put down upside down floor mats everywhere, she sleeps up on the rollbar padding.
Just be aware of where you park so that no birds may fly over to an adjacent tree or pole or wire. I'd say of all things to happen to you, this would be the lowest possible chance.
I agree that the biggest concern we have are the scumbags that may do harm to the vehicle's inside. Never leave anything in it, not even the registration(you need to get creative on where to store this though).

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Oooh! Woulda had some fun with him for sure... He'd be tryin' to put his ear hairs out after that little "exchange"
I "love" nosey Bastards.
He got a polite earful right back. Funny part was as the light changed he took off like a bat out of hell, total hypocrite lecturing me about safety then taking off light that. I don't let it get to me, some people need to get a life I guess.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts