Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prob a pretty stupid question but I'm thinking of just leaving my top down overnight tonight (outside, no garage) and it'll drop to the low 50s.

Assuming dew builds up overnight, should I be concerned about that at all? Sorry if this is a lame question but I haven't left the top down all night before so just checking!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Dew will slake a Jeep's natural thirst. :thumb:

It's 7º here, and snowing. Wish I could go topless.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
We live opposite coast of you in Jax. My neighbor puts a tarp on his every night since we are close to the coast. I would like to know this as well though, I haven't left mine uncovered overnight either. I would imagine it wouldn't be too pleasant driving to work the next morning if dew set in.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Only if you don't mind sitting on a wet seat and theft isn't a problem.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Snow on its way here and you're topless! So wrong...

Anyway, I've done it many times & the biggest hassle is if it's really dewy it makes a mess of the windshield on the inside. Easy enough to fix, but I hate washing windows!

But you're fine...

·
Registered
267 Posts
My sister use to leave the top of her Jeep overnight and it was OK. We lived in Downey, CA (not far from the beach) and got dew every morning.

·
Registered
39,143 Posts
Over the summer I leave my top down overnight for weeks at a time, no problem. Just take a towel out in the am and wipe your seat down :thumb:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah not so concerned about theft it's a good neighborhood... But i think you all answered my question! Thanks!

Oh and sorry for, once again, reminding everyone that there are still warm places out there this time of year haha

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
PittJeep said:
Yeah not so concerned about theft it's a good neighborhood... But i think you all answered my question! Thanks!

Oh and sorry for, once again, reminding everyone that there are still warm places out there this time of year haha
Yea, ya really don't sound that sorry! ;)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
As much as I'd love to be topless, I wouldn't trade it for the fun I'm gonna have workin' my new wheels tomorrow in the snow. So were even. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Jealous factor is high.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The biggest issue I've had leaving my top down overnight was in the summer, there was a nice new yellow color on everything from all the pollen falling into it. Now I'll just throw up the top and clamp it at the windshield but leave everything else detached. Takes 30 seconds and saves me from having to wipe all the pollen out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts