Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellow jeepers it's summer time again and that means time to take your top down or off and cruise or GO OFFROADING.... So this is your thread for all your discussion on soft tops, hard tops, half tops, bikini tops, wind jammers, and dusters....
And any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Top down.

For those unexpected rain storms, its easier to flip back up when you have it with you.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I like the fact the soft top is convertible and easy to use on my TJ. My friends with the hard top complain about how difficult it is to take it off. I put on a spider shade for relief from the sun when top down. I like the shade but I hate the closed in feeling, guess its a trade off.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I just pull out the windows and remove the doors; leave the top up to give shade and block some of the wind from the wife's hair..

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the doors and top off in the summer all the time if it starts to rain I flip the top up and leave the windows off and don't care I put the top and doors on if I go mudding or if I drive to my dads that's 2 1/2 hours away that's to much lol otherwise there made to get wet its the jeep way :punk:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new to the JK world, and bought a 2010 Sahara Unlimited with a hard top not too long ago. Do a lot of people out there have both the hard and soft top? Now that I have a hard top, I would love to purchase a soft top for the summer. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I like going topless w/ the top down when I can(first timer here), in the evening I put on my Rampage 1161 cab cover on which I find easier/faster to work with then put soft back up with all the windows ect.

MIND YOU, I do own a hard top as well which came off about a month ago (again first time) and will be put back on in October before it gets too cold around here. I like both, each have there own plus/minus I guess.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm new to the JK world, and bought a 2010 Sahara Unlimited with a hard top not too long ago. Do a lot of people out there have both the hard and soft top? Now that I have a hard top, I would love to purchase a soft top for the summer. Suggestions?
DO IT it would be great if I had both but I only have a soft top but id rather have a soft top than a hard top way better for summer fun:thumb:

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Hard top, security, no: humidity, no flappen noises, no yellowed, scratched cracked windows. Run bikini top in summer. No unexpected rain here.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Jeeps are meant to be topless! My 2 cents here.
Hard tops only in cold weather... if at all.
See no point in a bikini if I can remove the doors, sides and rear windows. (But if I'm gonna do all that, I may as well just remove it all!)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
See no point in a bikini if I can remove the doors, sides and rear windows. (But if I'm gonna do all that, I may as well just remove it all!)
That's what I thought but the only reason I would get a bikini is for bestops halftop combo

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
It keeps you from baking your brains & body when your stuck in bumper to bumper traffic in 90 deg temps happens here). Keeps inside cooler (seats, steering wheel) when parked.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Keeps inside cooler (seats, steering wheel) when parked.
This..

It's like parking under a tree to get shade, without having to actually park under a tree..

Like I said before, remove soft top windows and doors, add motorcycle mirrors (and pegs if you're feeling frisky) and you're as good as gold..

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Soft top in the summer (with a spiderwebshade).
Hard top in the winter (with hotheads headliners).

The new spring assisted premium tops are pretty nice.....so I'm usually in sunrider mode.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts