Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching top gear BBC the other day and I noticed that the Wrangler is on the uncool side of the cool wall. Just wondering if anybody knows why. I can't find the episode when they put it there.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
STEVE 0 said:
I was watching top gear BBC the other day and I noticed that the Wrangler is on the uncool side of the cool wall. Just wondering if anybody knows why. I can't find the episode when they put it there.
That's bc over in Britain they are extremely biased on Jeeps. They love their crappy LandRovers instead.

·
Registered
130 Posts
yea, they have the exact opposite taste in vehicles over there in britain.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! That's perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In your face rover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
They are anti American everything on that show, yet I still watch it. They talk trash, but occasionally show they like American vehicles with their actions. The best episode that was Jeep related had a Jeep that could walk on water, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I can't stop watching the Bugatti veyron episode its mind boggling.... 250+ mph 10 radiators and at full throttle it sucks in as much air as a person does breathing in 3days and at top speed the tires will last 21 minutes but the fuel will only last 12

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the Bolivia episode. Even though there isn't a Jeep. I think a YJ would have done much better than what they had.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Whats wrong with the old land rover defenders? I think they are pretty cool, wouldn't compare them to a Jeep but still think they are a fairly capabile vehicle.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shrimp said:
Whats wrong with the old land rover defenders? I think they are pretty cool, wouldn't compare them to a Jeep but still think they are a fairly capabile vehicle.
I think they are very cool.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
TopGear is just a bunch of humorous British pricks. Good show, but once something American gets tossed their way, they do everything in their abilities to make it look like junk.

THey did seem very impressed with the Ford GT though...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
What's worse a hummer or a landrover? People who drive eather I can't stand because they think there all bad ass cuz they got there big fancy SUV. I dislike both very much! Jeeps for life!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Love Top Gear! They do seem to enjoy poking fun at American cars, but they ended up loving the three they drove from San Francisco to Utah (Charger, Cadillac and...Corvette?). Jeremy also lists his drive over the Sierra Mountains in a Wrangler to be one of his top most enjoyable trips ever. And he did buy a Ford GT...had to really lobby Ford to be one of the few that got one from the limited overseas imports.

I think they're like boys who tease girls because they secretly like them. ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
TopGear is just a bunch of humorous British pricks. Good show, but once something American gets tossed their way, they do everything in their abilities to make it look like junk.

THey did seem very impressed with the Ford GT though...
Yeah, Jeremy loved that GT, right up until he finally had to return it because it was a lemon. There were a couple of episodes where they mentioned his problems with it during the news segment.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I think they are very cool.

They are cool. BUT they break a lot and are super expensive to work on.

·
Registered
571 Posts
At least the guys on the UK show know their vehicles... I went to a taping of Top Gear US and could not believe how ignorant the guys hosting the show were. It was cool to meet Buzz Aldrin and talk with him for a few minutes!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Carlsbad0331 said:
At least the guys on the UK show know their vehicles... I went to a taping of Top Gear US and could not believe how ignorant the guys hosting the show were. It was cool to meet Buzz Aldrin and talk with him for a few minutes!
The US top gear suuuuccckkksss.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts