Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for those that have used a power top hoist..

Yes i did a search but it is all over the place for valuable information.

I have decided to get a power top hoist and would like to have those that have one or been looking at one.

thanks in advance.:drinks:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a winch from HF with the 20% coupon it was $79.00 and two ATV tow straps from Tractor Supply. I have around $100 in it and it works great.
image.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got a winch from HF with the 20% coupon it was $79.00 and two ATV tow straps from Tractor Supply. I have around $100 in it and it works great.
View attachment 2897857

I've been looking at the Lange Power Hoist for a while, but struggle to drop the $400 for a lift.
I need to check out the winch you bought at HF and see what I can come up with. My only concern is the length of the straps. My garage has a much lower ceiling.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been looking at the Lange Power Hoist for a while, but struggle to drop the $400 for a lift.
I need to check out the winch you bought at HF and see what I can come up with. My only concern is the length of the straps. My garage has a much lower ceiling.
My side walls are 16' so the winch is around 18 to 20' high. I looked at the Lange but they use the same cheap Chinese winch that HF sells. So you would be paying over $300 for just that frame. It was not worth it to me.

Jeff

·
Registered
118 Posts
WIN_20160318_183657.jpg Here's what I have. Built the frame and bought the hoist from HB. Less than 200.00 total invested and works awesome. I put my Freedom tops in its case and set it on top of the hardtop. The jug is to keep it balanced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's mine. Just ratchet straps and two pullies hooked up to two eye bolts and two pieces of angle iron. All tied together with 3/8 coated braided cable, to a 1,000 lbs tow strap for a boat trailer. The most expensive thing was the tow strap.

ForumRunner_20160322_202440.jpg

ForumRunner_20160322_202448.jpg

ForumRunner_20160322_202456.jpg

1 - 20 of 53 Posts