Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about my top. I have a 2015 sport and I was using the sunrider position of the top. I went to close and it does not align back. It's like 1in too short. I've tried undoing the back and opening the tailgate but I couldn't get it. I am brand new to owning my own jeep. I've grown up around them but not with this type of top. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome - hopefully we can get this figured out or maybe you live near a friendly jeeper who can stop by and show you. Here is my guess -When the top is flipped back the hinge part of the frame (think your elbow) {the part furthest toward the windshield} should be caught under a latch. You should see a little head like a bolt and a catch that you can press to release this behind - the frame slides in a track and is caught by that latch - maybe you have it caught behind and not in the latch making the top fall short. Hope that makes sense and helps..... Also hope someone else has a link or can explain it better-

·
Registered
44 Posts
They are two latches one on each side on the door surrounds that need to be latched to the frame on the soft top. Just behind the sunrider elbows. You use them to unlatch the soft top frame when lowering the top, and latch the frame solid when the top is up so you can use the sunrider feature. I'm sure they are mentioned in the owners manual as well. So make sure they are latched when opening the sunrider part, and it will make it easier closing, and latching to the windshield frame. I had this same issue when I opened the sunrider this past weekend, and closed it. My driverside latch on the windshield frame wasn't close to latching, and I had a bugger of a time until I remembered to make sure the latches on the frame were latched on the door surrounds. Hope this makes sense too! :happyyes:

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
OK. I think they have you solved above but just in case can you explain what you mean by undoing the back? A new soft top is always very tight. If you hinges are in the right position as discussed above then you will need to remove the back window and undo the sails on both sides. If this works then we will need plan B. Let us know where you stand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts