Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a convenient top option where I can use the freedom panels and still keep the majority of rain out of the back if we happen to get some? Some kind of combination of toneau and/or windscreen that works with the front part of the hard top, maybe?

How bad is rain for the back? Specifically, I'm worried about the sub and carpet. I'll likely take the back seat out and only put it in when I anticipate a need.

My last jeep had a soft top, so I really don't know what kind of limitations/ass pain I'm looking at with the hard top. I assume my desire to open it up will not go down, but the winters here (as well as my occasional jaunts to Detroit) made the hard top an overall better option for me, for both the winter and security aspect.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Is there a convenient top option where I can use the freedom panels and still keep the majority of rain out of the back if we happen to get some? Some kind of combination of toneau and/or windscreen that works with the front part of the hard top, maybe?

How bad is rain for the back? Specifically, I'm worried about the sub and carpet. I'll likely take the back seat out and only put it in when I anticipate a need.

My last jeep had a soft top, so I really don't know what kind of limitations/ass pain I'm looking at with the hard top. I assume my desire to open it up will not go down, but the winters here (as well as my occasional jaunts to Detroit) made the hard top an overall better option for me, for both the winter and security aspect.
Even though I live in Wisconsin, I'm all soft top. So I'm not sure of your options with the hard top. A good place to start, however, would be the Bestop site (they make the soft tops for Jeeps).

Maybe they have some kinda combo that'll work for you, though I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Here's a link to the Bestop site:

Jeeps

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have the hard top and I am planning on picking up one of these "Emergency Tops" by "Pavement Ends".

The Emergency Top

I do not plan on using it as an everyday kinda top, just have it in the Jeep for those "oh-crap it wasn't supposed to rain" days I leave the hard top at home.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the hard top and I am planning on picking up one of these "Emergency Tops" by "Pavement Ends".

The Emergency Top

I do not plan on using it as an everyday kinda top, just have it in the Jeep for those "oh-crap it wasn't supposed to rain" days I leave the hard top at home.
Hey, I like that! I think that's about perfect to throw in the back for when I have passengers. I think I'm also going to go the windjammer/tonneau route and stay mostly topless in the summer.

Does anyone know what danger rain poses to the carpet/seat/sub if you happen to get stuck in a sudden squall? Northern Michigan weather tends to be a bit... unpredictable, especially in the spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts