Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. thought I posted this yesterday but it doesn't show up today and no replies so will try again.

Have a 1991 YJ with a hardtop. Looking to get a summer top. Like the concept of bikini, tonneau and windbreaker.

Problem I am having is there appears to be a difference in styles based on whether it is a hardtop or soft top. Does this have to do with using soft top hardware?

Seems to me all YJs would be the same as far as the body goes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you only have a hard top you will need to get a windshield header for the bikini top...for the tonneau you need the tub channels around the bed that hold it tight...also keep in mind 87-91 has a different roll bar than 92-95 that may come into play when you are looking at the tonneau covers. .the wind jammers and bikinis should be universal fits

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 91 HT too. JerseyJoe is extactly correct. Here is the downside if you go to Bikini. If it rains you get wet. Even if you put the Hard doors on. There will be a 6" gap between top and door. Jammer helps with backdraft but you will still get wet. I'm looking for a lightly used soft top & frame to run as a safari top, and so I can put doors on and keep my seat dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts