Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty excited that my Warn Zeon 10S is on the way, and I have been reading up on it prior to its arrival so I can have everything together for the install. It will be mounting to my Ace Pro Series Front bumper with the winch spacers required.

After reading through Warn's install pdf, it shows the winch being torqued to 30-35 ft lbs. Is that really all it needs??? Seems very low for something pulling the entire weight of my vehicle and then sum.

Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Pretty excited that my Warn Zeon 10S is on the way, and I have been reading up on it prior to its arrival so I can have everything together for the install. It will be mounting to my Ace Pro Series Front bumper with the winch spacers required. After reading through Warn's install pdf, it shows the winch being torqued to 30-35 ft lbs. Is that really all it needs??? Seems very low for something pulling the entire weight of my vehicle and then sum. Thanks!
Although that does seem low, the bolts will be pulled on by the winch laterally, so as long as they're nice and snug, there shouldn't be and problems at all. However if that's what the instructions say I would stick to that, call customer service if you feel necessary

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, honestly I trust warn, primarily the reason I waited to get a warn. They also say grade 5 or higher bolts. And I know Ace sends grade 8 bolts with the spacers, just have to see if they will fit. I would assume most winches use the same size bolts.

So I think it will be good to go. Just was wondering if others saw that and were a little surprised by a low torque number.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah, honestly I trust warn, primarily the reason I waited to get a warn. They also say grade 5 or higher bolts. And I know Ace sends grade 8 bolts with the spacers, just have to see if they will fit. I would assume most winches use the same size bolts. So I think it will be good to go. Just was wondering if others saw that and were a little surprised by a low torque number.
Torque is generally based on the size and thread pitch of the bolt. If you tighten the same bolts more, you'll simply strip the threads. If the application required larger bolts, then you would see higher torque specs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts