Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a link or chart for front end torque specs for a JK? CA's, (Synergy) drag link and track bar bolts? Noticed a few online but noticed some variations. I plan on loosening all my bolts and tightened them to spec. I think I have some binding going on.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
They vary from year to year. I have the manual for a 2013 and they are different than those posted at Project JK.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
They vary from year to year. I have the manual for a 2013 and they are different than those posted at Project JK.
A. What manual do you have that lists torque specs and B. can you post the different specs, thanks.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I've seen people post the difference and it's minimal. Not enough to cause the jeep to fall apart and sent you flying into a ditch. Follow the specs in the PJK link and you're fine. If your changing the bolts ... Ca and TB specs are going to be different
If I remember right there is a 7lb difference in the lower control arms. What are the torque specs for the grade 8 bolt upgrade?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yep

125 but people will hit as much as 140
Actually, I think the grade 8 bolts, lower control arms and track bar, are all 130.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
A. What manual do you have that lists torque specs and B. can you post the different specs, thanks.
A. Tech Authority Maintenance and Service Manual. 2013 JK
B. Lower Control Arms are 117 not 125. I only compared front and rear suspension. There are a ton of other specs I've not compared.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ok ... Same bolt ... What gives ?
I don't know why they are different. Everything else on suspension is the same. Project JK looks like its for a 2009 JK.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
There is no difference. That was my question. Unless the torque spec has always been 117 .. Stock specs seem odd. Why 117 not 115 67 really ? Lol
Really don't know how they come up with the numbers. My guess is they run thousands of simulations under representative conditions and pick the mean between those where the bolt comes loose and those where it breaks.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Ok ... Same bolt ... What gives ?
I'm going to guess maybe avoiding some type of binding issue with the bolts being tighter? But then again the grade 8 bolts call for 130 so I have no idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts