Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plan is to put a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with shock extensions and then Duratrac 315's on stock rims with Spydertrax spacers. 2 questions

1) How much total lift will I get? I have 8 inches between top of my '13 JKUR and garage. I just want to make sure it will fit. No added weight to Jeep. Obviously the lift will add 2.5-3.5", but will the tires raise it, as well? If so, how much?

2) What size spacers?

Thanks and feel free to critique the plan or maybe offer another with a budget of about $2000.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
My plan is to put a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with shock extensions and then Duratrac 315's on stock rims with Spydertrax spacers. 2 questions

1) How much total lift will I get? I have 8 inches between top of my '13 JKUR and garage. I just want to make sure it will fit. No added weight to Jeep. Obviously the lift will add 2.5-3.5", but will the tires raise it, as well? If so, how much?

2) What size spacers?

Thanks and feel free to critique the plan or maybe offer another with a budget of about $2000.

2K is gonna be tight your looking at around $1500 for tires alone unless you are one of those people who run a stock spare and pray not to have a flat. Some. 1 1/2 Spydertrax spacers are gonna cost a bit more I think they are about 100 bucks a set but I could be way off. That does not leave much for the lift no idea how much that brand runs. Something to take into consideration is cost of mounting and balancing. Check prices on that I know when I was in Va. average was $110 a tire which is insane so I bought new wheels and tires it was cheaper. With the larger tires it is recommended you upgrade your steering stabilizer. That will run ya about a 100bucks should you do it.

As far as how much height the tires will add subtract current height of tire from 34.4 which is the true height of 315/70/17 Duratrac. Then decide by 2 and you will get the height difference.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've been looking in to this a lot. I'm in the same boat as far as over all height. Best I can tell, a 4 inch lift and 35s puts you at about 6'4.

·
Registered
50 Posts

2) What size spacers?

With the coil lift, you also have to consider how loaded your jeep is going to be (weight of new bumpers, winch, carrier, etc.) [which will lower the height] and the stiffness of your existing coils... Your 2.5" lift will be higher (1"+) on a light jeep with 15/56 .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts