Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its bad when the 16 yr old son can rip dad's rear for totaling his jeep. I want a 2005-2009 Rubicon. Any suggestions on searching? I am already looking at autotrader. Thanks for the help. I am used to being in hot water with the wife. My boy is a different matter. I would rather him yell at me than give me the "Glad you weren't hurt" treatment I'm getting!!!

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Can you buy it back? That is what I would do and then get another jeep that is cheaper and switch the parts over. Or gets another jeep and build the rubi. Pics of totaled rubi?! How bad is it.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Its bad when the 16 yr old son can rip dad's rear for totaling his jeep. I want a 2005-2009 Rubicon. Any suggestions on searching? I am already looking at autotrader. Thanks for the help. I am used to being in hot water with the wife. My boy is a different matter. I would rather him yell at me than give me the "Glad you weren't hurt" treatment I'm getting!!!
Hope your alright and I'm sure youll find another jeep check out craigslist, autotrader, newspaper adds theyre around. But on a different note I had a thing like that with my older brother. I got S-10 with 74000 miles on it the thing was mint I had it for 2 weeks and was just about to order the lowering kit for it. My older brother who always would tell me how I can't drive needed to take it to work his ranger was in the shop. Takes it to work on his way home totals it. Who drives like crap now older brother :rofl:. On the bright side of things I got my jeep which is wayyyyyy cooler then a S-10 good luck with the search.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Maybe he is glad. Sounds like a very adult kid to me. Looks like you and the misses did a good job raising him. NOW REPLACE THE DARN JEEP!!!! lol Good luck. Try Craigs List and just google "Jeep Rubicon for sale".

·
Registered
183 Posts
1272 Lomaland Drive
El Paso, TX 79907-1405
(915) 590-9077

Really wish they had a website with an inventory link....Right now there's a ridiculously awesome Rubicon for sale. Long arm lift, nice rims and tires, as well as full size spare. It's red and I'm almost sure it's a 2005 or 2006.....still a TJ and noticed the rear view mirrors were a bit different. Anyway it's a sick looking Rubi!! Not sure how you feel about shipping or whatever. Also, this dealership has a positive rep over here, so I wouldn't worry about that. Anyway, maybe you can call and they can send you some pics. Again, it's an AWESOME RUBI!! I couldn't keep my eyes off her!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem is a bent frame that can't be stretched. Pretty darn tough vehicle. I had a 16 yr old girl with no drivers license back out in front of me on a highway. I was doing 67mph according to sherrif. Piled right into the back of her duelly. She took off, went a mile down the road, ran through a barn and totaled the truck. Luckily, she was not hurt either. I drove the jeep 100 miles home.
The rock crawling bumper (and airbags) on the front probably saved my life. The jeep climbed up her bumper and into the tailgate. That took a lot of juice off a high impact.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If my Dad took my Wrangler and totaled it i'd be too afraid of him to say anything:eek:. I'd have no choice but to write off that $6000+ as lost forever. :(

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Glad you are OK. Dads are hard to replace. I didn't know a Jeep would do 67, slow down :wavey:

·
Registered
739 Posts
TJ over JK-No Contest!(Unless you want 4 doors and a minivan motor)!
I like the 4.0L inline 6 but the 3.8L Minivan motor is tough as nails as well. It's been tuned to suit the Jeep. Nothing much wrong with it. In 2012, you can expect the Pentastar motor.

He's an old Jeeper
And he don't know what to do
Should he hang on to the old
Should he grab on to the new
He's an old Jeeper
His new life is just a bust
He ain't trying to change nobody
He's just trying real hard to adjust
I thinking I will be getting a 2011 in about 2012.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
With regards to buying back, the ability for the ownwer to do that varies from state to state. Some do not allow it and others the cost is very high.

In NJ I was able to do that with my 99 Durango. It was declared totaled in 2008 after an accident. It cost me 500 to buy it as scrap ( I have lots of mods on it so it was a no brainer) and I fixed it for less than the insurance company payed me. it's back on the road with full coverage.

·
Sporticus
276 Posts
For 1, i really hope they took pics of that jeep in the bed a her truck!!! thats awesome!!! @nd, i definately would track down the totalled jeep and swap out the drivetrain!! Dibs????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts