Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time for a four door. Getting rid of my JK for a JKU. It's only a year old but I really need the space. I must be crazy. I have 7k invest in mods. Good thing is most are transferable. I like the versatility of the JK but need the space of the JKU. This time I can get a few more options besides A/C. Wife will b happy because trading in my crew cab GMC. Will b down to one vehicle. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I think it's time for a four door. Getting rid of my JK for a JKU. It's only a year old but I really need the space. I must be crazy. I have 7k invest in mods. Good thing is most are transferable. I like the versatility of the JK but need the space of the JKU. This time I can get a few more options besides A/C. Wife will b happy because trading in my crew cab GMC. Will b down to one vehicle. Just thought I'd share.
This is blasphemy...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Wait you are going.to trade in your jk and your crewcab pickup.for. a jku?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Shame you cannot keep them both. I love my JKU. Best Off road vehicle I have ever owned. The missus and the kid have 2 doors. I haul recovery gear for the crew as well. Would not fit in a 2 door unless I remove the back seat.

Bob K.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I thought about trading up to the JKU since my wife told me she was pregnant, but every time I look at my Jeep I change my mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, the good thing is, she and you will notice a difference in the ride. The JKU is very versatile and relatively roomy. There are positives and negatives in both cases but once you switch over your parts, you'll appreciate the room and although you'll be giving up some approach and departure angles and turning radius, the extra wheelbase gives some more stability. Enjoy!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Go For It

I got rid of my crew cab dually diesel and my audi A6 and bought a JKU. Never looked back. I love the room it has. Besides, I'm retired and my wife and I only need one vehicle - glad it is a JKU.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought about trading up to the JKU since my wife told me she was pregnant, but every time I look at my Jeep I change my mind.
I have two kids and putting them in a car seat in a JK would not be fun. It wasn't fun in my wife's Monte Carlo SS. Trust me I don't want to do it but I enjoy driving the jeep more and can't take kids wife and all our stuff in a JK.sons hockey back doesn't fit.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Keep the JK and get the cheapest, used JKU?

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
My wife is due in 5 weeks, and I bought my JK back in January knowing there was a baby on the way.

Just could not convince myself to get the 4d. Practicality, logic, and everything else aside ... I just could not make myself do it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You won't regret getting the JKU. When I first started shopping, I was looking at 2 doors. When I told the salesman that my wife and I are planning on kids in the very near future, he did the best thing possible. He went inside, grabbed a car seat, and watched as I struggled to put the seat into the JK. Then he said, "Now imagine trying to get a screaming baby in there!" I was instantly sold on the JKU.
Some will say that the salesman only did that to make some extra money, but if you had seen how bleeping frustrating it is, you'd understand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts